what do you guys feed your zoa's

wampuscat

Premium Member
I was just curious what everyone was feeding their tanks? I really have not fed my tank anything in the past, but I think my tank lacks in nutrition. What should I be feeding my tank? Most of my corals are zoa's, paly's and ric's. How about DT's, Kent Chromaplex and Kent Zooplex? Any help would be mighty Thankful

I used to feed a lot of phyto. but for zoanthus gigantus, palythoas and protopalys I feed soft sinking pellets that I crush up an put on their oral disks ( with all pumps off ).

I have been using the H2O brand coral food for everything but my lps.I feed them PE mysis.

one cube of frozen mysis (thawed), a pinch of dried cyclopeeze (soaked), 3ml kent phyto (pipetted), every day.

Nothing, most zoa dont eat anything. I have maybe 25 different types and of those maybe 3 actually eat things. Feeding is just going to pollute your tank and not help them at all.

Remember.. palythoa and protopalythoa are both in the order Zoantharia and they definitely eat.

I also wanted to point out that i dont spot feed any of my polyps i just mix that stuff up in a little cup and squirt it into the current. The polyps catch plenty of stuff to eat.

Back