What do you guys think of BRS taking over MD?

I hope they don't. Marine depot customer service, shipping, and turnaround times are better than brs. They do the worst job packing orders. I only order thru brs if MD doesn't have what I need. Had my order damaged 3 times in a row. I got so upset that I just went to the lfs and spent more but it wasn't broken.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

What do you guys think of BRS taking over MD?

Nice! So I'll be able to get BRS next day soon? Honestly, I've stop ordering from MD since they stoped the nocaltax coupon. BRS has excellent customer service so I buy from them when ever I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Business is business this is how it works when you can't complete you join the rest

Just read the email too. While acquisitions are nothing new these days especially with the covid impact I'll be sad to see MD go. They're my go to for supplies and had great customer service for the decades that I've ordered from them.

Unfortunately I think the office in so cal will most likely close. To high of a rent for BRS to keep. Most of MD items ship from a Nevada warehouse so I'm assuming they picked them up for that and also other brands that BRS currently does not carry like Aquamaxx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered a ton of replacement items to stock up in case prices change. Some stuff are out of stock already. I appreciate their rodi replacement discount when you buy their brand probably won't have the discount moving forward.

Also their reward system is no longer available. I'm pretty sure I had points but alas I will not be able to leverage them.

Last edited:
Nice! So I'll be able to get BRS next day soon? Honestly, I've stop ordering from MD since they stoped the nocaltax coupon. BRS has excellent customer service so I buy from them when ever I can.

Same on the nocaltax. Reefing isn't cheap. Only one left that doesn't charge tax that I remember is Premium Aquatics

Down goes another one. I think competition keeps the prices down. MD even had a price match. I used to order from Drs Foster & Smith too and they are gone. I wonder what other supplier will be an option to go to if BRS prices go up. Will look at premium aquatics to compare.

That is crazy I remember when bulk reef supply guy was the one selling a reef chili on eBay back about 15 years ago good for him sucks for Marine Depot and everyone who relies on them

Same on the nocaltax. Reefing isn't cheap. Only one left that doesn't charge tax that I remember is Premium Aquatics

Looks like I'll be shopping there now [emoji2957]

Just ordered a ton of replacement items to stock up in case prices change. Some stuff are out of stock already. I appreciate their rodi replacement discount when you buy their brand probably won't have the discount moving forward.

Also their reward system is no longer available. I'm pretty sure I had points but alas I will not be able to leverage them.

Brs is saying that they will transfer those points

Sad to see them go. I always liked their black Friday deals. Always good to have options when shopping around.

Back