What % do you run your ocean revive t247 LED lights?

sompa

I"m trying to get a feel for what percentages I need to run my t247 lights at. I don't have many coral in tank now but am adding slowly. Currently yellow polyps, kenya trees, zoas, mushrooms, green button polyps

Thanks for any advise. Just curious as to what others are running at.

not much input here other than I am going 14 days with my T247 and I am @ ch1 blues @ 45% and ch1 whites @ 30%. I am thinking I will ramp up to 65 blue and 35 white and see what happens there.
I seem to have read some folks running blue up to 90-100% and whites up to 75%

I have the s026 its the same light just manual adjustments. I run slightly under 50% white channel and slightly under 75% blue channel. The highest light required inhabitants are a Fiji yellow leather and a few bubble tip anemones. They seem to be doing good. The Fiji leather is about half way up the tank and two rose bubble tips are also about half way up and a green bubble tip on the bottom of the tank.

Swapped out a low quality mh fixture (3, 250hqi bulbs) with actinic CF bulbs to three of the OR fixtures, started both channels at 100%, only one coral reacted negatively, a bubble coral, there is a second one in the aquarium only a few inches deeper that showed no signs of stress, go figure!

I should also add I have 3 fixtures centered over each 2' section of the tank about 7" off the water line.

Distance from the water and any overlap between fixtures can make a difference.

Just adjusted 45 whites 85 blue everything is popping beautifully crazy PE all over tank -
Think I might leave it here for 2 weeks then adjust whites up a bit more if I am satisfied-

Blues = 20%
Whites = 30%

I don't know how you guys/gals are turning up your blues so bright? If I turn my blues up, it looks like smurf town in my tank.

CH1=35, CH2=30, 4 T247s over my 180. Anything more, and my corals aren't very happy. Much growth on my SPS, LPS, anemone.

Note from my earlier posts, the setting number isn't the same as power. On my lights, the mapping is:
1 ==> 17%
10 ==> 19%
30 ==> 50%
50 ==> 67%
70 ==> 83%
90 ==> 95%
100 ==> 100%

So I am running mine just over 50%, or 60 watts total for each, 55 watts for the LEDs and drivers, 5 watts for the fans. My tank is doing better with 240 watts from these than it did with 1100 watts from my MH/VHO setup.

Tank20150112_zpsf60bac6a.jpg

Only under the rocks if the red or green LED shines through a small hole in the reef. It is easy to fix by adjusting the rocks. Some like the effect, I personally don't.

4 of these units is way more than enough for my tank. I sure don't miss the heat and fan noise from my MHs. I had a 400w in the center, flanked by 2 175W MH with 2x110 VHOs before.

Any update on the 180 with the T247? I have 1 fixture on a 37g holding tank and looking to put 3-4 on my 210 mixed reef. How are your corals? Any increase in growth rate? Are your settings still the same as your earlier post?

I'm running at 30 for Blue (CH1) and 25 for White (CH2). I have been increasingly the blue channel slowly and see no ill effects on coral yet.

I saw a tank that I liked at 100%/40% and I am looking to ramp to that, but I don't want to singe my SPS so I am moving up about 2% a week and watching for stress.

I run the white at 65% and blues at 95%. Whites are on for 4 hours and blues for 11hours. I also have two T5 I run for 6 hours. an hour before the white and an hour after.

I should have added I run blues for 12 hrs and whites for 10.

@ClownMan727
Why such a short white period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back