What fan on Canopy/Stand?

Mariano986

Reefers,
So its been a month now on my 150 Gallon tank and my canopy and fish stand need a fan to push some hot air out. What mini fan do you all recommend. I was thinking like a 3" or 4" inch fan. I would be using this with the appex temp gauge when it gets to hot it clicks on. My tank over flow box is on the end, short glass side. I would like to have the less amount of noise and have fan speed to be variable.

L72"W18"H27"

Thanks,

Reefers,
So its been a month now on my 150 Gallon tank and my canopy and fish stand need a fan to push some hot air out. What mini fan do you all recommend. I was thinking like a 3" or 4" inch fan. I would be using this with the appex temp gauge when it gets to hot it clicks on. My tank over flow box is on the end, short glass side. I would like to have the less amount of noise and have fan speed to be variable.

L72"W18"H27"

Thanks,

I'd spend a few $ extra and get an IP65 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code or higher fan so that you don't have to replace them so often. My old 75g corner tank came with a MH light in a 12" canopy and I used 2 x 120 mm fans, one blowing in and the other out to keep it cool. These were IP55 which was the only type of water resistant fan I could get in 2006. Both are still running. I clean them once per year or so.

Today you can get high quality, Noctua, IP67 fans for ~$25 on Amazon, although they are bit loud for my taste at 12v. I run them at 6v. Larger fans move more air with less noise as a general rule. If you use cheap computer fans, then they should blow into your canopy to reduce moisture intrusion into the fans. With IP67, you can point them however makes the most sense for your canopy.

What fan on Canopy/Stand?

I've used standard pc fans in my canopy for like 10+ years I guess you can pay more for ip67

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used standard pc fans in my canopy for like 10+ years I guess you can pay more for ip67

I'd guess you bought quality fans in the first place. I have never had a stock computer fan (one that came with a computer case, such as Antec, Coolermaster, etc), last more than a few years before they get loud. I routinely replace stock fans with quiet, high quality ones from Panasonic, Noctua, NMB or Pabst because I can't tolerate much fan noise from my computers and less from my aquariums..

They get a lot of dirt stuck on them. Just vacuum it and good to go.

Back