What fish has bitten you

Maroon Clown as startled me a few times, not full on bites though. Likes to splash my sleeves and face though.

Brushed my Urchin multiple times, a few have broken the skin, but not badly (yet).

Never by my fish but I like to tease the oscars at petsmart with my fingers they will jump out of the water to get them nothing other than that but I have had sea turtles hiss at me

My big female false perc bites me over and over again the whole time I am cleaning the tank. She grabs on and shakes her whole body. This last time she made me bleed. Until her I had never disliked a fish. lol She also knows the difference between my hand and the scraper. She always goes for my hand and always tries to catch the area between my fingers. If she fails there she bites my palm and then the back of my hand.

^ LMAO I have the same problem to a T. On top of my demonic false perc who goes intently for the skin in between your fingers, my Starry Blenny has started in with a few strikes here and there as well. I named my clown Jaws b/c of his attitude and constant biting. Every time I clean the tank, its pretty much attatched to my hand. Starry just strikes when I get a little too close to where he is chillin at. I used to have a 75 fresh with a tiger oscar the size of a football and that SOB bit me a few times and man it was unpleasant.

24" SFE...twice, have scars from one time. Second time it cam out of the water to bite me.

Clarkii clown (one of the reasons I hate clowns now).

S&S puffer, Diodon puffer, picasso trigger: my knuckle was in the water each time while I was working on the tank.

Adult P. volitans used to love to be hand fed, but would occasionally take my fingers along with the food item...startled me the first time.

My female tomato clown when I'm near her nem moving rocks etc. A Pinktail which I'm trying to hand feed nori took a bite beyond the nori and got my thumb -drew a little blood.

Harlequin Tusk
Blue-girdled Angelfish
Occelaris clown

Harlequin is the only one that might do damage and he's not big enough yet to make much of a problem.

My clowns bite me if I put my hand in the tank, but I don't think it's to be mean. It's actually because they think the stupid tiny mole i have on my right wrist is a pellet or something and they bite the crap out of it. It tickles at first but quickly begins to hurt. ClownJerks.

Ocellaris just seem to know that the webbing between your fingers is vulenerable. Before she learned that, it was just nipping at my skin. Startling, but harmless. After that? Sheer terror when working on reefscape or cleaning glass..
Be glad those turtles only hissed at you! That 30lb. Loggerhead felt like slamming my fingers in a car door!

Matthew

My juvenile misbarred false perc. just recently started biting me. It's worst when I'm doing stuff important, like moving rocks or coral around... And of course the tank's small, so I'm constantly worried about hitting the glass:headwally: It's the only fish in the tank too.

i was bitten by my gold stripe maroon clown, didnt hurt but scared me pretty good.

i was in my LFS the other day and this 5" clown trigger was comming at my hand throught the glass. i could feel the foce of him hitting the glass. scary.

maroon clowns >every time i put my hand in the tank, sometimes they bring blood.
snowflake moray >when it was a little thing, it hurt then, wouldn't want to have it bite me now that its over 2' It would probably crush some bones...
My 9 inch oscar bites me all the time but I swear the maroons hurt more.
freshwater angels> just an annoyance
those little minnows that pull the hairs out of you legs while swimming
brown bass
various sunfish
oh and my sailfin tang got me the other day. well at least it wasn't with the other end...
I have been bitten by dogs cats birds even a raccon but the worst bite i ever recieved was that time i thought it would be a good idea to pick up the cute little chipmuck.

Anytime I stick my hand in the tank my mollies(help with the film at the top) always nip at me the entire time. Kinda dumb in comparison to others. I've had my royal gramma challange my hand, but that was it.

^ At my LFS, when I scrub the Molly tanks they always try to nip at my hand.

My Cowfish will regularly bite me if my hand is in the tank, and my Porcupine Puffer bit me during a few weeks ago. :eek1:

My female black clown has bitten into me pretty good..she routinely bites me, but one time she got me real good. She a nasty..she in her broodstock tank now, so I don't have to deal with her =)

Now my sailfin has decided he wants to slice my hand up into bite sized food....he hasn't succeeded yet, but he sure is trying...if he ever would stick his knife out I would be in trouble cuz he has hit me pretty hard with his tail quite a few times.

Back