what fish have you had that jumped out of your tank?

neon goby, strawberry dottyback, and, complete surprise as he never left the sand, my yellow watchman goby...

I had pair of scissor tail gobies go carpet surfing 3 days before i got my canopy on. I'm still bummed out over it.

I had a yellow "coris" wrasse jump out of a 29 gallon quaranteen tank. Only fish in the tank. It was a gift from my daughter, so I had to go get another one before she got home. I put some egg crate on the tank after that (looks like that isn't foolproof though).

over the years
several green chromis
a few yellow coris wrasses
a mccoskers flasher wrasse
a pink skunk clownfish

So far just my anthias in the QT tank tried to jump out. I had a glass cover though, so they bounced back. good thing I had that! I have the 1/4" netting on the DT so no one yet as there isn't any space to get out :)

fish jumping

fish jumping

i had a diamond goby, yellow wrasse, and a schooling banner fish. I dont think its the species as well, that causes a fish to jump. Its more of the harmony of the tank mates.

Red firefish has jumped in front of me and thumped the top of the canopy a few times in front of my eyes. Who knows how often she does it when I'm not even there.

I had 2 clowns in my open-topped tank for a year without any issues. Over 2 months, I added a yellow assessor, green clown goby, and a tailspot blenny. Everyone got a long great, from what I saw. No aggression anywhere, but I came home one night to the bigger female laying on the ground in front of the tank. Tried to put her back in but it was too late.

Back