What fish hooked you?

Sharks, dog faced puffers, and cephalopods. I havent gotten to keep any of them yet, not enough room, though I may do a dwarf octopus tank soon.

Let's see, I fell in love when I saw a juvi queen angel, blue regal tang, and a PBT at a lfs when I was picking up bulbs for my first planted tank. I wasn't even planning on going to a saltwater store, but my normal lfs was out of bulbs but did deals with the lfs with all the saltwater craziness!

I primarily loved the relationship between the Clownfish and anemones. Just something about them really influenced me to start a big tank with major lighting.

The first things to get me unto them was NewYork Steelo's anemone and clowns. They looked really good and that is what provoked me to upgrade.

For me it was the first time I went to birch aquarium wich was when I was like 6 so I guess it was all the fish, my first one was a regal tang but my favorite fish I've owned so far is the moorish idol

Lfs had several Mandrins. Loved the fish, had to have. Also the regal (hippo) tangs. My original 20 or 29 turned into a 55, now turning into a 300.

Hippo tang for me. This particular photo made me decide to set up my first salt tank.

Book.jpg

A flame angel got me interested in the hobby but I never owned one because I had already purchased an open brain coral and the LFS recommended against it. My flame hawkfish is probably my favorite fish that I do own.

Back