What happened to NEWYORKSTEELO?

sanchoy

Does anyone know what happened to reef youtube sensation NEWYORKSTEELO? He used to post reef videos and received a lot of views. He has gone AWOL from YouTube for over a year?

Good question. I'm new to the hobby and I just discovered his videos on Youtube. I've watched most of them already. I didn't realize he was MIA.

I still don't know why his vids were so popular.... I personally couldn't stand the guy, but I do hope all is well with him and his tank. He probly just left the hobby like so many people end up doing...

He was famous because a lot of new reefers can relate and understand his videos. His material was not boring and his upbeat character was entertaining. Too bad if he gave it up. Common courtesy for his subscribers should have been a farewell video. Rumors circulated his home was destroyed during the NEWYORK floods last year. Others say he died. Some say he is in prison. Whatever the reason he appeared to be a nice guy. Hope he is fine too.

Guys, he has been devoting time to his very ill mother and familial complications. He assures he will be back to videos when he feels content enough

Guys, he has been devoting time to his very ill mother and familial complications. He assures he will be back to videos when he feels content enough

That's crappy I hope it all works out. I found his video informative and easy to understand for new comers. The guy seem to be a natural in making video as he was not working off a script.

He makes a good school teacher.

Newyorksteelo videos were like a movement. People have started builds and have made videos so that newyorksteelo could help them. He is very informative and i personally have messaged him with questions.

He was famous because a lot of new reefers can relate and understand his videos. His material was not boring and his upbeat character was entertaining. Too bad if he gave it up. Common courtesy for his subscribers should have been a farewell video. Rumors circulated his home was destroyed during the NEWYORK floods last year. Others say he died. Some say he is in prison. Whatever the reason he appeared to be a nice guy. Hope he is fine too.

Luckily, he is still responding to comments and questions on his videos.

he has a facebook page if anyone has facebook... i deleted mine but when i was on it i followed him. he updates that a lot more then youtube

like others have mentioned, hes been very sad about his mom. he does update fb often though. i feel for the guy, but he did setup a paypal for people to donate for a new computer to upload videos and shortly after he got a new computer he stopped making videos. plus he had a contest to give away an mp10 and never sent it to the guy. I still like him as hes very informative but like where did he go!

Eh, I couldn't stand the sound of his voice (it grated on me) and he would ramble constantly and all those pregnant pauses...

I appreciate his effort though, its nice of him to try and help others out.

Back