What happened to "Tanks a Lot"?

From what I heard he couldn't find reliable employees and he made all of his money off of servicing his accounts.

That's a shame. I guess the reptile thing didn't work out. I will text him to find out what his plans are. Maybe he just moved his shop.

He said he's in heaven now because he is just focusing on the service part with out the shop. So he is good to go. I guess I now will have to go to that warehouse place to get my sea veggies. :(

He said he's in heaven now because he is just focusing on the service part with out the shop. So he is good to go. I guess I now will have to go to that warehouse place to get my sea veggies. :(

If you are talking about Nori, You can buy it at the asian market on nw 25th & Classen The big one that sets behind everything off 25th. It is near the milk jug if you know where I'm talking about. Make sure you buy the non flavored or non salted. 100 full sheets for like $7. Just an FYI.

In my experience the sea veggies seems fresher and is more accepted by all the fish in my tanks not just the heavy algae feeders. For me its way to easy to buy the wrong nori that may be seasoned or toasted plus buying sea veggies is a cheap and easy way to support your OKC LFS. :D

I started using a new brand I found at the Asian market over by 15th and Sooner. It's laver rather than nori and even my wrasses have been tearing it up.

We buy ours at the Asian market at SW 89th and Penn.

Its in a gold package. When you hold it up to the light you can see streaks of red through the green.

Our fish love it.

The only reason I switched in the 1st place was i need more than what came in the small pack and havent seen any difference in freshnes. I dont have the time to stop every week to buy a bag and got tired of only being able to get 1-2 bags at a time locally, so I switched. all of my fish tear it up, wrasses, clowns, tangs, even my randals goby will swim up and get some. Not dissing any LFS you guys all know me and I buy from all of you, including you and the Tulsa group, besides if the couple bucks difference put someone out of business then they werent running their business right to begin with IMO. I still buy my coral, phyto, food and fish through LFS and ocasionally someone tearing down a tank. Just giving an option. I do occasionally buy the red "from an LFS" and mix it in though. Figure they would like a change once and awhile.

Chris, same here just putting out there my thoughts on the situation with this thread topic and how it was a little ironic when read through. I wasn't meaning for you to take it personally, but a few bucks at a time is how all LFS and companies like two little fishes make most of their money and when a trend starts of everyone doing something it adds up. Like I said earlier I think sea veggies is a better product and have had alot of people tell me their fish would accept and eat more of the sea veggies then before when they were feeding grocery store nori.

I didnt take it personal. lol and sea veggies is a good product. i was only speaking of my experience and my fish dont care either way. I do try to mix up the "color" to help give them more of a ballance. Price wasny my concern when I started looking for alternatives anyway. I dont mind spending a little more to support local stores at all. I only buy a couple things online and mostly cause nobody stocks it local. Besides I prefer to trade for dry goods, lol. I'll be in Tulsa next tuesday, Ill try to stop by and see you guys if I have time.

Back