What has been your experience with hydroid digitate ??

gimmiks

I'm dealing with a little of a hydroid digitate issue . It started with just a couple but recently the have grown in population quite a bit .

I'm trying to search the forums for info on getting rid of them, but these are all old post and all of them have contradicting solutions.

Some say leave them alone they will go away on their own.some to take them out ASAP because they will irritate coral .

the best remedies I've seen is the fenbendazole treatment.although I would like to try a more natural way to not risk killing any of my snail,sps,beneficial bacteria, or fish .

the natural solution I've seen so far are Halloween hermit, peppermint shrimp, or to just leave alone and they will disappear .

what have been your guys experience with this pest ???

thanks in advanced.
288ff46da41d9489292bb01139954b4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had them for a couple years in my main display. Started about a few months after I set up my system. Had hoards of them. Irritated my zoas occasionally. I swear they even stung my hand a few times. After time they started to disappear on their own. However, they never left completely. At night, when they lights are off I see a handful of them. Hopefully they will disappear with time.

I had a bad patch about the size of a half dollar. I took the rock out, submerged that area of the rock for 30 seconds in a drugstore strength hydrogen peroxide, rinsed it well with tapwater, then restored it to the tank: this treatment can kill most anything that grows on a rock, be it xenia, clove, caulerpa, or pesty hydroids. I had no further trouble with the things. If it's patchy over a number of rocks, I'd just pick a rock at a time. Caution with the bubbles that come off after treatment; don't let fish near them: pure oxygen (what we breathe is hugely diluted by our atmosphere), and lethal to living tissue.

I've had them for a couple years in my main display. Started about a few months after I set up my system. Had hoards of them. Irritated my zoas occasionally. I swear they even stung my hand a few times. After time they started to disappear on their own. However, they never left completely. At night, when they lights are off I see a handful of them. Hopefully they will disappear with time.

My kinda are growing in numbers . I might try buying a couple peppermint and Halloween hermits and see how that goes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back