What I thought was STN from an alk swing is aefw

I dunno Phil just saw my new six line pick something off of three acro frags... even the mille's. super stoked to see him going right at the coral. It's the smallest six line I've ever seen, he is less than in inch long.

Well that would be the absolute first time I have ever heard of it. Folks were going so far as to leave frags in tanks with camel shrimp because nothing else will pick them off. They are near invisible. The 6 line may be going after red bugs or pods.

Well that would be the absolute first time I have ever heard of it. Folks were going so far as to leave frags in tanks with camel shrimp because nothing else will pick them off. They are near invisible. The 6 line may be going after red bugs or pods.

indeed... my last 6 line never touched a coral ... not once. so this is a welcome change.

I have heard mixed responses when it comes to if wrasses that eat red planaria also eat aefw's but I do not see why they wouldn't other then size itself of the aefw's. I know that my cryptic wrasse in the frag tank has finally knocked back the red planaria in the frag tank to where I can no longer ever see a single one anywhere. That might also be do to the Tunze that is now in there as well. But the wrasse is very fat these days. He paruses the tank and picks at frag mounts and the racks all the time just like Spot my sixline in the display.

hey Robert do u ever see them peg the coral directly?

what would be the best setup for a qt tank for acros ( size , lighting, flow ) and what is the other product other than coralrx everyone talks about

revive is probably the product you are thinking of.

Now that I think back on it.. chopping bases off of bought colonies and tossing those.. remounting with a dip is probably your safest bet.

qt for aefw would allow you to dip a few times just in case.

It would be a first for sure if the sixline is indeed picking off the coral...as Phil said only when they're blown of do the wrasses go after them. After chopping and chucking what do you have left?

I got a few unknowns that I need to hit the sps id forum with... i know for sure i still have

blue tort in frag rack didn't chop
ice fire chopped remount
pink scripps not chopped but i should cause its next to that blue mille that i chucked
blue scripps mille
yellow tort not chopped
sarmentosa not chopped
green slimer not chopped

i don't know what the green one is in the last picture i posted but i sitll got it!

i have more work to do when I get to the office monday. hopefully none of the non chopped healthy guys still have their color. Last weekend I went to flagstaff and the icefire and blue mille both got taken out in one weekend.

here is your green digi Robert

DSC_3968.jpg

I dunno what this is but its cool
DSC_3991.jpg

slimer vs idaho grape
DSC_3953.jpg

I lost the mother recently to that encrusting monti so hopefully you keep it growing and I can get a frag back of it. I was looking at the previos pics on the first page going that was from me and so was that one and that one and that one and that one lol. You have so much from me lol. What bulb are you using? I like the colors you are getting and might have to switch over.

I lost the mother recently to that encrusting monti so hopefully you keep it growing and I can get a frag back of it. I was looking at the previos pics on the first page going that was from me and so was that one and that one and that one and that one lol. You have so much from me lol. What bulb are you using? I like the colors you are getting and might have to switch over.

haha yup the slimer and the idaho grape too!

from jan-july i burned a radium 150w DE

now i'm using a phoenix 150w DE ... which is what the pics are under... its OK but I I like the radium better.

I'm planning on going 250w SE radium with a cayman sun eventually.

On your main display, with those 175w single ends you have... a 250w single end would fit the base I believe.... what about getting some lumatek switchable ballasts (150-250W) and burning the 250W SE radium? Kinda cool cause you could burn 175w or 250w plus it has HQI mode for the radiums.

Have you tried the 250w DE phoenix for your frag tank?

Of course you can have a frag of the green digi... it just started to take off so a couple months it should be much bigger.

haha yup the slimer and the idaho grape too!

from jan-july i burned a radium 150w DE

now i'm using a phoenix 150w DE ... which is what the pics are under... its OK but I I like the radium better.

I'm planning on going 250w SE radium with a cayman sun eventually.

On your main display, with those 175w single ends you have... a 250w single end would fit the base I believe.... what about getting some lumatek switchable ballasts (150-250W) and burning the 250W SE radium? Kinda cool cause you could burn 175w or 250w plus it has HQI mode for the radiums.

Have you tried the 250w DE phoenix for your frag tank?

Of course you can have a frag of the green digi... it just started to take off so a couple months it should be much bigger.

No not the green digi but the blue/purp encrusting monti.

I tried the phoenix over the frag tank and everthing browned out and growth slowed down so much it wasn't funny. I threw the origional Hami 14k back in and holy cwap the growth is INCREDIBLE.

As for the DT I am very much considering buying the Lumi's and running Radiums. I keep looking into different 175w bulbs and then keep thinking about just upgrading to 250's so I am still waiting. I get great growth with the Ushio 14ks and the colors on the lighter colored corals are very nice but I always wonder if there is more to be had.

I LOVE my Cayman Sun fixture. They do offer it in a SE version as the Bali Sun I believe but using a parabolic reflector insted of a 28 faucet Lumen type reflector.

do you guys run skimmers on your qt tanks or is it such a temporary holding setup that water changes alone are good

I dunno tho your DT looks good.. I think at some point you gotta be satisfied with what you got and just let it grow out.. obviously I'm getting growth with 150w so sometimes I think I should just keep doing what I'm doing.

Little update... the wrasse spent days going right at the coral.. now he is super fat!

The blue mili is getting its color back too! I will never go without a wrasse again.

Back