What is my game plan?

Prince916

I came home last week and all my sps had STN. I quickly did a water change and tested the water i took out. These are the readings.

CAL-430
ALK-7.8-8
MAG-1380
NO3-0
PO4-0
NO2-0
PH-8.0
AMMONIA-0

Only changes or additions i made was a new skimmer 2months ago other than that nothing new for the last 6-8months. Missed 1 water change this month. The test kit i use are Salifert and cross check with elos and hannah checker for po4. Corals are now showing burnt/dead tips and almost little to no polyp exten for my montis.

What should i do?

Dead corals that i could only find
DSCF5003.jpg

Next one on the list orange and green cap dying
DSCF5002.jpg

I've heard that when you see rtn coming maybe try to make a few frags from the unaffected area. Also I wouldnt take them out of the tank until they start getting covered with algae. Once I put way to much kalk water in and all my sps were pure white when I got home from work, about 2/3 of them slowly came back. Recently I had a superman monti recede and bleach, it finally got its color back and looks like its starting to grow again.

For stray voltage, wouldnt my fish or inverts be effected to it? All my fish and inverts are still doing great.

I remember reading couple years back about LR releasing nutrients back into the tank that we cant test for. Myabe this could be the reason? Or maybe its time to go BB.!?

I was just reading about how exposed magnets do the damaged housing can leak heavy metals into the tank and kill coral. Check your equipment for damage?

Anyhow that person fixed it with carbon (like hv1990 suggested) and water changes

If temp swing, wouldnt all corals be affected? For the caps, there is no tissue lost but its just odd how both the caps are dying.

Well after doing a lot of research and reading it has come to a point where i think its from a chemical warfare between my softies and sps. I guess this is why most poeple do not both at the same tank.

So you lost everything in the first picture? You might have something that released a lot of some kind of toxin. Do you have an idea of what it might have been?

OH man that sucks happened to me about three months ago I attributed mine to lack of water changes and overfeeding/overstocking..

well I was assuming that it had long enough to kill everything and figured that would be long enough for ammonia to show a reading but on the same token you never know..

Is it possible your alk kit is reading wrong. I had a salifert kit that read almost 10 when my actual level was closer to 7. Burnt tips and stressed corals and not other animals kind of sounds a little like an alk crash.

Back