what is the best powerhead

are the flow rates on the koralia accurate? i have a 4' 100 gal tank, and want to use two of the koralia pumps. one on each end. should i go with the 850 or 1200 gph model? my tank is mixed about half softies, and half sps, lps. could anyone compare the flow to a seio m1100? i have been using those for a while. thanks.

I have a closed loop with 6 1/2" outlets and 2 3/4" outlets running off a dart. i wanted a powehead to give me a pulse action to break up the 8 outlet liner flow so i bought a used tunze 6100 with single controller and was blown away at the flow this pump could put out very happy with my choice. By the way buy the big sure grip magnet for it, just looks better not as big an eye sore as the tunze magnets. hope this helps

The tunze's are nice. I'm not a fan of the koralia's, they are to wide of flow for me and to large. I use mj high flow mods. 2000+ gph at 40bux. Not to shabby. I would definately stick with a powerhead though as its much more efficient than a closed loop.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12262796#post12262796 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefRockerLive
Tunze for customer support and long term reliability.

i have to agree with this. tunze customer support is incredible!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12272242#post12272242 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rollnheavy
i have had wonderful customer service out of hydor also...

i had an k4 impeller snap and emailed their rep. they wanted $10 for the impeller.

Just my two cents I have had koralias and now have tunze nanostreams in my tank. The tunze are a little more expensive as someone stated above. What I would recommend you do if your going that route is to purchase a 6025 instead of the 6045. Mod it by removing the restricter plate and you get pretty much the same performance as the 6045. I really like the sleek look of t he nanostreams as opposed to the koralias.

Back