What is the part number of the 0-10V Connector Component?

herring_fish

Crazy Designer
I have an orange and grey 2016 apex controller. I got water on one connector so it burned out. When you look at the face of the plug in board, it is the bottom right (outboard) connector. It is a 2 - Channel Variable Speed/Dimming (0-10V) female component.

I believe that the controller was out of warranty so I opened the box and found that the damage is limited to inside the confines of the connector itself. I am well versed at safely removing and replacing board components.

Can someone tell me what that actual component listing is. I would like to buy and replacement part.

Can you provide a picture?
I have a hard time believing that water damaged just a connector...

I was doing some cleaning so a wire was more straight than normal. All power was on. Just a little water splashed onto a wire and ran down it to the connector, were it shorted and burned out some of the plastic ridges and at least one of the wires. This brief flash and sizzle was right where the male and female connectors meet. This limited the size of the damaged area.

Apexcenterofflash.jpg

Apexburn1.jpg

Apexbackofconnector.jpg

Apparently, the heat came out of the hole in the back of the connector but you can see that, other than that, there is no damage anywhere else. You can see that the board is very clean.
Apexboardclean.jpg

Apexcleanbackboard.jpg

Apexclean.jpg

Last edited:
Yep.. Thats a "right angle rj45 jack with green/green LEDs" (unshielded/through hole,etc...)
Not all footprints between manufacturers are the same so make sure to check the dimensions (having a digital caliper is very useful)

Looks to be something like TE 5406533-5

Last edited:
some have no light, some green and yellow, the one in your picture seems like both green. light color probably does not matter, unless your'e ocd.

if you can find the pin out assignment for var speed connector, you can get a voltmeter to test if there is still voltage output on the pins. otherwise, if the driver also went bad, there's no point just fixing the connector.

Thank you for the listing. I have taken advantage of it and ordered the part. One of the parts in the group looks like it would work.

This may take 6 weeks to get back from China.
Does anyone have a listing for that part that is more local.

yeah, and I would order a few different kinds just to make sure. They ship same day from MN I think and USPS takes 2 days to deliver to CA, so maybe 3 to NC. (well maybe a day or two more now that northern states are completely frozen)

Back