What is this? Pics....

ChunksInClemson

I was doing my water change tonight and noticed this wormy looking thing! Sorry for the bad quality pic! It was white, and slimy. I removed it right away but just need an ID.

DSCF0912.jpg

hansonfam

Those would be snail eggs. Looks like the cerith eggs i get all the time.
Not a bad thing. Free food for the fish:)

Lisa

drummereef

Team RC
Snail killer! :D Just kidding... Looks like snail eggs to me. Hey, if it wasn't you, the fish would have gotten them anyway. ;)

funman1

Another vote for snail eggs
I get them from time to time and see them in dealer tanks all the time.

~Steve~

wood.jer

I did a water change (50%) and moved my mexican turbo snail to the refugium for an hour or two and a week or two later I noticed a couple of baby mexican turbos! woohoo!

2fishy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8139926#post8139926 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChunksInClemson
What about getting them shells? How does that work? I know nothing about snails!

I believe that the shell actually grows with them. Now them keeping the shells seems to be another problem in itself as I recently added 4 nassarius snails, (thought I was getting 5 but one was an empty shell), since then I have only seen one nassarius snail and two hermit crabs with nice new shiny nassarius shells!:mad2:

dc

Moderator Emeritus
Premium Member
Well it happens ocassionally. The only snails that have reproduced in my tank are stometellas. My fish start eating the eggs as soon as they develope a little.