What is this? Please help

Scarface8

Hi guys, so I noticed my tank started getting a little cloudy last night, I didn't think it was much to worry about because it wasn't that bad, today however it is a lot worse, there are white stringy slimy particles floating around, filter socks are clogging up in less than 10 hours, protein skimmer went a little nuts and over filled a 3 litre juice bottle, and is producing a creamy white slime and I've had to clean it 3 times today, now I must mention I had a magnifica anemone that didn't seem to be doing to well (I'm no expert so I'm not sure what it was really doing) but that anemone has hidden itself behind some rocks, I know that because the clownfish have followed it, my ph is also down today, I have both an apex controller and a seneye monitor,I caught some of the slime stuff and have taken a photo and will post it here, it seems to have yellow eggs in it? Here is the pic, I'm not sure if this is something nasty or not, any help would be appreciated, the only things that could possibly be breeding would be the clowns, there are 3 blue green chromis, the snails or hermits, I don't have pairs of anything else so here's the pic
0bc331a023620996ba3cd3f5b9b68cdb.jpg
this quite close up its only about 1.5cm across or 1/2 an inch across

That would make sense, the whole tank clouding though? Anemones expell eggs? I thought they just split to multiply?

Live stock is as follows, 8 snails, 2 red line cleaner shrimp, 2 smallish clams, 1 foxface, 1 coral beauty, 1 sailfin tang, 2 ocelaris clowns, 3 blue green chromis, 1 Royal dotty back, 1 bi colour blenny, 6 small hermits, I know there is a small dark crab, I can hear a mantis shrimp in there but am yet to spot it and 1 bristle worm that came as hitch hikers, there are also a few of these slug looking things with purplish coloured backs on them (have looked them up and they are no problem, although might be in this case) plus various corals soft, lps and sps, and the magnifica I already mentioned

Anemones have a fast decay rate. I've only ever had one, when it died all of its insides released. I had to remove my livestock and put them all in quarantine. Drain the tank, filter the substrate, rinse all rock in a 5g bucket. Refill tank, replace the LR back to the tank. After getting temp back up and buffering.

Live stock is as follows, 8 snails, 2 red line cleaner shrimp, 2 smallish clams, 1 foxface, 1 coral beauty, 1 sailfin tang, 2 ocelaris clowns, 3 blue green chromis, 1 Royal dotty back, 1 bi colour blenny, 6 small hermits, I know there is a small dark crab, I can hear a mantis shrimp in there but am yet to spot it and 1 bristle worm that came as hitch hikers, there are also a few of these slug looking things with purplish coloured backs on them (have looked them up and they are no problem, although might be in this case) plus various corals soft, lps and sps, and the magnifica I already mentioned

In your first picture, what's all that other stuff on the glass? It almost looks like the anemone was attached right there and the eggs were behind it? Were they anywhere near the mouth of the anemone like in your other pictures? I don't know that much about sea anemone reproduction, but those purple slugs you mentioned sounds interesting. You might want to do a search on Nudibranch eggs and see if anything looks familiar. Laying these behind an anemone sounds like the perfect spot IMO, if that is indeed what happened.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...yl&fr=ymyy-t-999&hsimp=yhs-att_001&hspart=att

Those last 2 pictures I posted are from Google and are not mine, they're just the best pics I could get of what look like I have in the first pic I posted, in that first pic I grabbed a bunch of that and pulled it out of the tank and it is on the bracing of my tank, that is just a bit of algae or something I pulled out and left there, so that first pic is of the eggs "out" of the tank, my anemone has been between a couple of rocks near the bottom of my tank and is now in hiding or is dying, I'm not sure because the clowns have followed it, but I just can't see it, all live stock is still alive and not stressed, water is clearing up, but what a mess in the skimmer, YUK!!!
75e5e3aa0f552b2078f554b43e7b5c88.jpg
7ef8019b64c0aeb742ef47fd87f80796.jpg

It took me a while to remember but the snails with purplish backs are stomatella snails, aparantly pretty harmless??

Back