What is this???

Larah

I have this nifty, bright , neon green "stuff" on this live rock... Any ideas what it is?

pseudochromis21-13.jpg

There are also multiple little growths of red bumpy stuff, I'm wondering if it's a coral? They are in the photo. It's not coralline, it's wayyy bumpier and harder...

lol that would be coraline algae and the red stuff is just some sort of sponge harmless for ur tank

You're saying the GREEN stuff is corraline algae???
I figured it was all "harmless" Ijust wondere dif it could be "cool" and nifty and stuff like that..

nice shot. whats the green plant in the center? yeah its coraline i have it too i have all kinds of colors tho even have some flourescent pink believe it or not

Yeah I knew about the pink and red and various shadees of purple, but GREEN? LIke neon green? Really? WOW!
It's feather Caluerpa, it's NOT supposed to go sexual... It's really meant to be in a refugium but I like it...IMG]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/larah86/tank1-20-084.jpg[/IMG]

And it's neon green?

I mean that's cool and all but I hadn't heard that
coralline was neon green... Nifty!

becareful with the feather caulerpa i honestly would get it outta there. it wont go sexual but it grows like weeds and u will be plucking it out of everywhere and it gets to be a PITA (pain in the a$$)

So far it's actually not doing all that well.... It started out as a much larger clump... It's dwindling it'self out... I guess I dont' have enough micro nutrient to get it to thrive?????

Hey, the yellow stuff in the cracks of the top rock in the first photo, someone told me it might be a sponge? Any thoughts?

Back