what kind if refugium lighting do you use?

captainken

I am currently lighting my refugium with a coralife bulbs 24in long from a old previous tank.

I want to change to a round bulb type

what do you have as a light for your refugium?
Give type, brand and even model # if you have it..

:eek1:

I went to Menards and bought a cheap $14.00 4 bulb wall mount bathroom light fixture that would normally mount on the wall above the sink mirror. Bought the twisted tube sunlight screw in flourecent that replaces incadecent bulbs, 100 watt equivelent, if I remember right they are 23 watts, and hung it over my fuge, which has live ruble in it, on 10hrs reversed from my tank, and I swear, I have better collargien alge on the ruble then in my tank with 2 250 watt Mh.
Bob

I go with a LIghts Of America power compact available at Home depot for like $20. Cheato really grows well under it.

6500k screw in compact flor.
my local hd, lowes, ect.. do not carry melev's bulbs so i am trying the 6500k instead if the 5100k

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9346853#post9346853 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by seagirl
6500k screw in compact flor.
my local hd, lowes, ect.. do not carry melev's bulbs so i am trying the 6500k instead if the 5100k
I've used the 65k also and it works great.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9349450#post9349450 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by captainken
twisted tiger,
what kind of bulb are you using. manufacture, so on?
It's the exact same bulb as in the link in my previous post that Melev uses except mine is a 6500k. It's made by Commecial Electric, it's 19w=standard 75w and lasts forever. I've been running the same bulb 24hrs a day for over 8 months and it's still going. It's called a "long life energy saving flood lamp"

I also use the lights of america. Works well for cheato and Caulerpa prolifera . Man under this light it grows fast. And best of all fairly inexpensive and I leave the cover on which makes clean up an easy chore. No exposed bulb or componets..

Back