What kind of anemone is this?

SueAndHerZoo

The big one on the right is a RBTA, but the two on the left..... they are kinda orange and green and they do "bubble"often. Is there such a thing as a cross between a RBTA and a GBTA? I love them but I don't know what they are. Bought one tiny one at All Pets a few months ago and it split into two. Hope that means it's happy. If you click on the photo I THINK it will show you a video so you can see them better.

Sue

altolamprologus

Bubble tip anemones come in a variety of colors, so a GBTA and RBTA are exactly the same thing

I can't really tell from the video, but if it bubbles up like a bubble tip, then it likely is one

Last edited:

SueAndHerZoo

OK, thanks. Since it has pretty much equal parts of green and orange in it, I can't really call it a GBTA or a RBTA. I guess I could call it a BTA with green and orange coloring.

However, I guess it doesn't much matter what I call it because it doesn't come when I call it anyway. :fun4:
Sue

SueAndHerZoo

Lol. Can you get a nice close-up shot of it? I would love to see it. I can't really see it in the video on my phone.

I will definitely try to do that in the next day or two. I had been away for a few days and since my Acan LED unit is "in the shop" for repairs the only light on the tank is a small unit, not on a timer, so the tank sat in the dark for a few days and was just barely waking up when I took the video. The "unnamed" anemones were not happy about all the darkness and may still pout about it for a few days.
Sue

SueAndHerZoo

Better video (I hope)

Better video (I hope)

This is with both blue and white LED's on. It looks better under just the blues but I can't get a decent video of it with that lighting.

Sue