What return pump can handle several 90 degree angles?

PVC conduit contains arsenic, not a good thing for "pristine" water conditions in a marine aquarium, The arsenic is to stop rats from chewing on the conduit.

Jim

An msds is not available for carlon pvc conduit. (it is an article not a chemical) This is the conduit that was said to have arsenic in it. This information was passed along to me, quite recently-- due to some health problems i have been having. I have been an electrician, for quite awhile, and had never heard of this before.

Some one clever may notice that I was recommending conduit sweeps a several months ago, and have used them myself.

I am retracing the research on this, as it looks like an error was made in stating that it contains arsenic, when it should be "corrosion resistant to Arsenic Acid." I apologize to all for passing on what is probably erroneous information, that I did not confirm for myself. My source was reliable, I thought. A call to Carlon will confirm it.

Regards,

Jim

I agree with the spa flex. Are you looking for and external or submersible return pump? I like the reeflo dart.

An msds is not available for carlon pvc conduit. (it is an article not a chemical) This is the conduit that was said to have arsenic in it. This information was passed along to me, quite recently-- due to some health problems i have been having. I have been an electrician, for quite awhile, and had never heard of this before.

Some one clever may notice that I was recommending conduit sweeps a several months ago, and have used them myself.

I am retracing the research on this, as it looks like an error was made in stating that it contains arsenic, when it should be "corrosion resistant to Arsenic Acid." I apologize to all for passing on what is probably erroneous information, that I did not confirm for myself. My source was reliable, I thought. A call to Carlon will confirm it.

Regards,

Jim

I look into this as I thought about going this route with PVC conduit but could find no information. Let us know if you find out anything.

ok never heard of the arcenic thing but oh well ....why dont you use some 22 or 45 degree angles instead of all the 90 that would be much better and yes you wil lose some head with all those 90s i cant remember exactly but for every 90 equals 5 pounds of resistence i believe so 45s or 22s will work better and not cause all the resistence

Back