What should I do?? Help please

bpledger84

Ok heres my problem i have a 29 gallon tank all the live rock and sand it needs i have fish and inverts but ive recently had a bad outbreak of ICH! So with that said I have a pair of clowns that its hosting on... only these fish not any of my other fish. What should I do and how should I do it? I need to do something fast i dont want these fish to die or suffering. Help me PLEASE.
I have in my tank right now is...
1 blue damsel
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 yellow watchman goby
4 turbo snails
1 hermit crab
2 false percs
1 sand sifting star

Capture ALL the fish and put them in a hospital tank. Begin treatment ASAP, there are several options, I prefer copper but it's your choice. Allow the main tank to sit fallow (no fish (inverts are okay)) for 6 weeks before transferring the fish back into the main tank. Good luck!

Capture ALL the fish and put them in a hospital tank. Begin treatment ASAP, there are several options, I prefer copper but it's your choice. Allow the main tank to sit fallow (no fish (inverts are okay)) for 6 weeks before transferring the fish back into the main tank. Good luck!

Will a uv light help him ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A UV might help as a preventative but likely not now. The only thing you can do now is QT all fish and leave the tank fishless for 6 weeks+ OR keep your water quality up, make sure there is plenty of gas excahnge going and feed the tank really well with vitamin enriched foods (selcon, etc.) and garlic supplements.

Not sure how long the clowns have showed these signes but google brooklynella and make sure this is not what you are seeing versus ich.

Just wondering, what is wrong with a sandsifting starfish in a 29 gallon?

sandsifting stars are generally not good in small tanks or any tanks for that matter. They can decimate a sand bed and strip it of all living things and once there is no more to eat they will die. So in smaller tanks it is not recommended. However, I have had a sandsifting star for about 4-5 years now. It started in my 75 and is now in my 120 and is doing well.

UV will not prevent or cure ich. IMO & IME, it often gives a false sense of security, real treatment is delayed and fish are lost.
I'd re-post this in the disease section and read the stickies on ich in that section.

I agree completely with thegrun's comments. Hurry, but do a little research too.

Back