What size hose do I use?

75reef

I just set up my new 29g cube this weekend and had a plumbing delemma. I bought a Current USA 1/10 chiller that uses 1/2 or 5/8 hose connections. I am running a Mag7 for the return, which is 1/2. Here's the problem, the chiller needs a min of 420gph to work correctly and after I plumbed the system with 1/2 hose, the flow is nowhere near that. The 1/2 hose barbs are actually only 3/8 on the inside which dramatically reduces the flow. I could not find any 5/8 fittings (5/8 hose will work on the chiller also) and 3/4 (which is what I planned on using) won't work on the chiller.
What next? 420gph is near impossible going through the small fittings on the chiller and then 3 feet back to the tank. There has to be someone who can clue me in as to what to use.

Has anyone used a Tunze stream in a 29cube? Would probably be ok pointed at the front pane of glass right?

Thanks Keith

This post was also put in the nano section with no response.

Oh, I also thought of running 3/4 on the Mag7 back to the tank and using a dedicated pump for the chiller in a loop back to the sump. I didn't want the added heat from the extra pump. Maybe my only option.

Back