What size Return Pump for 125-150 AGA RR FOWLR Tank

freshwater

I am looking to get a AGA RR 125 or 150G with 2 overflow boxes each rated for 600GPH. I will be usng a MegaFlow Sump Model 4.

What should be the Pump rated. I am looking at MAG 18 or Mag 24.
Their will be a 5 ft head with 1 90 elbow for each return.

I will be using 1 pump and will split the output with a 'T' for 2 Returns.

I believe the holes for the overflow and returns are 3/4" if I am correct.

Thanks

I had a quite one 5000 on my 125 gallon. It is rated at 1330 gph. It was a littlel too much actually. You could probably go with something around 1000gph and you would be fine. You dont want it to be flowing like crazy through your sump. If the water is flowing to fast the you'll get bubbles. Of course it depends on what type of sump you get also. I made my own with baffles that didnt work as good as a custom acrylic high dollar sump.

Edit.....I just read that you have to go five feet high. The 18 would be fine! I would rather have a different pump than a mag though. They make a lot of heat and draw more power than other more expensive pumps. The eheims are very good.

if heat issue will not be the problem (if you going to add chiller) go with the mag24 if yes then go with the mag18.

I think I will go with MAG18 since I dont planned to add a chiller and also want to make sure the return is less the the overflow.
Overflow is 600+600 gph.

Does any one has PIC of how to plumb the MAG18 from one output to 2, use a T or Y , flexible tubimg or PVC....I will be running the MAG18 in the WET/DRY Model 4.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9895194#post9895194 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by freshwater
I think I will go with MAG18 since I dont planned to add a chiller and also want to make sure the return is less the the overflow.
Overflow is 600+600 gph.

Does any one has PIC of how to plumb the MAG18 from one output to 2, use a T or Y , flexible tubimg or PVC....I will be running the MAG18 in the WET/DRY Model 4.

here it's old picture on mine :

PICT4985.jpg

PICT505.jpg

PICT4983.jpg

mavgi thanks for the pic.

does anyone know how you connect the UV Sterilizer in the sump.
like how you pass the water thru it, do i need a pump to push the water thru a UV or UV do it itself.

Back