What skimmer buy?

Marco Mansano

Hi guys!

Is time to buy a new skimmer to my reef. I wait that reef will be only SPS, but i have many fish. My system have 504 l more 300 l in sump. I thought buy one SRO octopus 5000 internal. I read that this skimmer is ready to 300 - 400g. Somebody have other skimmer better too with this price?

I need one skimmer ozone safe!

Thanks!

Hey Marco, myself and a couple others around my area have all went to the Reef Dynamics Skimmers. Handmade in the U.S.A. They are some of the best quality skimmers I've seen in person and do an amazing job. If you go to their website www.reefdynamics.com and click on in-sump skimmers they have a list of their skimmer sizes. I'm thinking you will need to start browsing around the INS350 range. Let me know what you think.

Hey Marco, myself and a couple others around my area have all went to the Reef Dynamics Skimmers. Handmade in the U.S.A. They are some of the best quality skimmers I've seen in person and do an amazing job. If you go to their website www.reefdynamics.com and click on in-sump skimmers they have a list of their skimmer sizes. I'm thinking you will need to start browsing around the INS350 range. Let me know what you think.

X2. I am VERY happy with my SRO skimmers, but if I had known about these skimmers, I may have bought them instead. It would have been a very close call.

The main reason is, I like a standard body design. That means more contact time for the bubbles to remove the organic waste, which in turn means it can handle a higher load than a comparible skimmer in its class. The SRO's are a hybrid standard/cone design with a bubble plate to reduce the turbulance. You don't have that problem with a standard body (Eshopps are the same body design).

They have excellent customer service, as does Coralvue.

However, I don't like the adjustment tube, I prefer a gate valve. I don't like that they do not have an air silencer. These things can be changed or corrected by request from them. These skimmers are higher in cost than the SRO, and with these changes would raise it even more.

Thanks guys!

I saw web site the reefdynamics, but i think that SRO 5000 or 6000SSS is better and most beatiful. This SRO have buble plate, however this from reefdynamics don´t have buble plate. The price is better for SRO.

I was thinking that pump from SRO inject 2400 L/H air, this is much, however is good. I don´t saw how much inject air in reefdynamics, maybe don´t inject air same that the SRO.

Thanks

Back