What spray paint to use for painting back of tank?

bnhd3

i thought about painting mine but i decided on the gloss black backdrop from lfs. it looks pretty good. when i asked about the best paint i think i was told a type of rustoleum brand.

okie1

I was going to paint the back of my new tank, someone mentioned a product called Oceanvisions, basically a vinyl background, I got the grand idea to stop by the local sign shop, they sold me the self adhesive vinyl they use to make custom signs, for 5.00 I have a perfect black back, no painting mess, and if you decide you do not like it, it's removeable. This stuff comes in a roll and they can sell you what you need.

MarineFiend

I have SomeTimers
Premium Member
I used tremclad fromHome Depot, not sure if you have that brand in the US but I would think you should. Black worked well for me and it was a paintbrush on type not spray can.

Waxxiemann

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9226666#post9226666 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MarineFiend
I used tremclad fromHome Depot, not sure if you have that brand in the US but I would think you should. Black worked well for me and it was a paintbrush on type not spray can.

I used this as well Tremclad "rust" paint. I rolled it on. It dires like rubber. Worked awesome.