What the H are these?

evsalty

hmmmmmm
What the H are these? I found them on the strainer of my return pump last night. I also found two more in the bottom of my bubble trap in my sump.

IM003129.jpg

evsalty

hmmmmmm
They have the consistency and of cooked beans. The insides are gooy. You can see to the right of the bottom one is some of the goo. You can also see some of the goo coming out of the top one. You have to pop them to get the goo out.

Sorry I did not give this info before.

evsalty

hmmmmmm
If this is a peanut worm in this pic
p_noduliferum.jpg

Then I am going to guess no. But thank you KB, it did sound possible when I read your post. They are shaped like peanuts.

Kris I am kinda thinking an egg sack myself but still not sure.

Frick

AZ FRAG President
I get cockroach egg sacks in my water top off reservor. +1 eggs, but maybe not reef inhabitant eggs. Do you have spiders living in your stand?

KarlBob

You're welcome. It was the only thing I could think of.

You could try sending the picture to WetWebMedia. They might know.

evsalty

hmmmmmm
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15472267#post15472267 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Frick
I get cockroach egg sacks in my water top off reservor. +1 eggs, but maybe not reef inhabitant eggs. Do you have spiders living in your stand?
No spiders that I can see. No webs or anything. I am pretty shure they either originated in or entered via the sump so I am not ruling out something non SW related.

Smo

Next time throw a coin in the pic for size reference.
Those look like garbonzo beans.

evsalty

hmmmmmm
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15472686#post15472686 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Smo
Next time throw a coin in the pic for size reference.
Those look like garbonzo beans.
What you can't tell their size by counting the threads from the hand towel? :D It was late and I was tiered and on my way to bed when I found them so I wasn't really thinking lol.

Since the only beans that every come into this house are refried from a can I think I can rule out being any kind of bean.

They are the size and shape and texture of beans though.

tricketts

Animal House
Do you have kids? I wouldn't put anything past kids to throw something in the tank screwing around. You shouldn't have made them eat the beans for dinner!! Here you thought they just had to use the restroom during dinner. :)