What the heck is this thing? [photos]

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12893286#post12893286 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Flipper62
YEP......Its a N.G photo.........YOU got a better one ???
Eh? what do you mean by that

What I mean is.......Do you have a better picture.

Like a picture from your tank ????

There are a lot of people that have no idea...BUT post replies on what they have read..........

Ya.......that photo is from N.G.......BUT.....I didn't try to pass if off as ................""" my photo """

I was just showing a pic of the speghetty worm.....NO PIC of .... my tank.......But....been there ..... done that.....:dance:

Flipper, I think Xavier was just commenting on how freaky the worm was, nothing about it being from NG...

Re: What the heck is this thing? [photos]

Appears to be a Loimia medusa, the Medusa or Spaghetti Worm.

My guess is it was dislodged from the sand bed while I was cleaning the front glass - the magnetic glass cleaner I have sticks to the glass so hard that the piece inside the tank "jitters" across the glass. Earlier in the day I had got it a little close to the sand and it "jumped" into the sand about a half inch. I was trying to clean the glass near the surface of the sand bed along the bottom but the cleaner was uncooperative. I think i'm going to get a tiny cleaner instead of the big one I have and use the small one for the corners, etc. Hopefully the smaller cleaner won't jump around.

I have billions of them, I think my gravel is made out of them. They are spaghetti worms and are a good sign.
All healthy substraits should have them, of course you have to introduce them first.

I agree. You might not like the look of them, but it a great part of your CUC and I would recommend leaving him in there. IMO they don't look bad at all. The only issue I have had from them that was unpleasant was when they stretch their arms across a zoa or something and makes them close up for the time being, but they will retract in no time. They stretch their arms out to grab food and slowly pull it in.

Lol i have no clue where hes coming from on that one... i was just saying that it creeps me out cuz its gross looking to me.

I don't believe i said anything along the lines of i took this picture. if i did sorry, all i got is a 6MP kodak handmedown from my dad :p

Back