What the heck is this thing!

Klnsheree

I just got new live rock this weekend and got an anemone and clown fish today. I went to check on the anemone and saw this weird little creature in my new rock! Whatjs. It? Any ideas?? It has a stinger and little tentacles I took video of it and will try and upload it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 0

Dmorty217

Saltwater Addict
There isn't much detail in your pic, can you take another one with a little more detail to try to help you with this

Klnsheree

My iPad takes very grainy pictures. It's solid black but when it stretches out its tail end looks a light brown. It looks like it has tentacles at its head and curles up when messed with. I put it in a bowl til I figured out what it was as I don't want it to hurt anything in my tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0

Klnsheree

Kind if. But that wouldn't have a try to attack me would it? It got very defensive when I tried moving it

Klnsheree

I looked it up. Definitely doesn't look like any of those.
Should I put it back in tank or get rid if it?

hybrid

i would put it in a plastic container with a few holes in it till you can figure out what it is

joe22883

Sounds like a bristle worm of some kind, maybe medusa worm baby? Probably not worth keeping, could be harmful.

Klnsheree

From what I looked at and can tell by looking at the little creature it is most likely a medusa worm. It has the tentacles in front lie, all the ones I saw

nivram

Does it look like this?

IMG_7830.JPG