What to buy?

Bathel

I'm in the need for new lights for my Corallife Lunar light hood. It's 34" and uses the 96w bulbs.

I saw you had the sunpaq on sale and would like to buy them, however I'm a little confused as to which would be best for me.

I'd like to get 2 of the 50/50 to spread the light even across the tank, but I see that there are two types of Actintic (420nm/460nm). I'm feeling a little stupid as I'm not sure what each one is for ...

I have a 45g tall tank and have some corals and anemones ... none of them require high lighting by your web page standards.

Which 50/50 would you recommend and can you explain the difference in the 420nm and the 460nm.

Thank you for your time and attention, it is greatly appreciated.

BTW, this is a great resource for you ... I would not have found your store or felt as confortable ordering livestock and supplies from you without seeing and hearing good things about you on reefcentral. Even though my LFS has good prices, the level of support/knowledge and return policy from my LFS sucks. I buy exclusivly from you now.

Jason,

Thank you for your inquiry. The difference between the 420 nm and the 460 nm is the blue in the bulb. The 460 has a higher blue wave length and is better suited for deeper aquariums as this can penetrate further into the aquarium. This is a very common question. Most 50/50 bulbs consist have 460 nm and 10,000K. We hope this helps you determine which bulb you would like to purchase.

Thank you,

Michelle H.
Drs. Foster & Smith/Live Aquaria

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6915856#post6915856 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dfs/la2
Jason,

Thank you for your inquiry. The difference between the 420 nm and the 460 nm is the blue in the bulb. The 460 has a higher blue wave length and is better suited for deeper aquariums as this can penetrate further into the aquarium. This is a very common question. Most 50/50 bulbs consist have 460 nm and 10,000K. We hope this helps you determine which bulb you would like to purchase.

Thank you,

Michelle H.
Drs. Foster & Smith/Live Aquaria

Yes, thank you. This is exactly what I needed. I'll buy purchasing it today.

Again, thank you for your time.

Back