What to put in refugium?

AquaWave523

I was thinking 4" of live sand and Live rock rubbles and cheateo algae...a hand full. Then maybe 1 or 2 snails (what kind?)....is that all i need for a refugium?

It'll be part of my sump ..so it'll water movement as well. I want to grow some co-pods for any species that fed off co-pods.

That's basically all you need along with a good light.
And that all depends on how big this fug will be.
Personally,I like to put a few nassarius and some cerith snails in the refugium.I don't put any crabs as I don't need them killing the snails.If you get some good quality LR from a fellow reefer or LFS you should get some pods along with it. If not,sometimes getting chaeto from someone with an established tank will give you some pods along with it.

ok, i heard somewhere that the sump pump could shred some of the pods? I only want to produce enough for 1-2 fish or anything that depnds on it in the tank. Do you see this being an issue?

People then resort to In tank or hang on refugium?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15465846#post15465846 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AquaWave523
ok, i heard somewhere that the sump pump could shred some of the pods? I only want to produce enough for 1-2 fish or anything that depnds on it in the tank. Do you see this being an issue?

No,I don't think the pump is going to shread the pods.
Sure it might kill a few.But,I send mine from the basement up through a GenX PCX-40 and I personally think they enjoy the ride.:rollface:

+1 on not needing to worry about pods through the pump. From the basement huh? That must be a fun ride!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15465846#post15465846 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AquaWave523

YA i don't either with your setup your skimmer would do damage to the pods population than the pump

Back