What to use to glue rocks to Eggcrate

Scottkelly911

I have a Nano 12DX that I've thought about starting back up. It's been empty since I upgraded to my 55 last summer. I was thinking about turning it into a tank strictly for small gobies, zoo's and maybe some mushrooms. I want to cut a piece of eggcrate to fit the back wall, then cover it in something like Plaster of paris and then affix small pieces of live rock to it and let it dry and "cement" the rocks to the eggcrate. I think it'll be good for making some really cool little ledges etc and this will leave a lot of open room for the Zoanthid Islands. Has anyone done something like this and what did you use if you have. I thought about Plaster of Paris, but don't know if it's safe for use in an aquarium. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

If i'm not mistaken, plaster of paris will dissolve slowly. Epoxy putty will work to glue some things to the back wall.

Covering the eggcrate in white cement would work.

Yeah, I figure Plaster of Paris would probably disolve. I just used that as an example because that's the only thing I could think of that would be similar to something I'm gonna need to work with on a larger scale than just Super Glue Gel. I want to completely cover the eggcrate in a layer of the "puddy" and be able to stick the rocks onto it. If anyone has a brand they would use, please let me know. I've heard of something that is carried at Home Depot that is reef safe, I just can't think of what it's called.

Back