What type of clown do I have?

sinful

Horrible pictures I know(Iphone and radion in the morning hours = horrible). hopefully someone can ID; I've had the clown for about 2yrs and can't remember if it is a percula or ocelarus; It was paired and its mate died a couple weeks ago. I want to get another one to try and pair it up again, but can't remember what species it was. Any help is appreciated.

Also, I've had a RBTA for 5 months or so that has split twice that the clown could care less about. Should I try to find a clown that is already hosting a nem for better chances it will jump into the rbta when I get it home? Thanks

Looks like a perc from the pic. Buying a clown that is going to host a nem is a 50/50 chance unless you buy one that is already hosting one at the store.

I have six clowns in my 120. All the species,They all ended up picking their mate. Pretty lucky, 2 laying eggs now. You never know, The ones laying eggs are laying them on the rock under my frogspawn. I do have a bubble tip that a couple others are in.

They're a few ways, number of points on the dorsal, but lets be serious, the eye ident that jbax stated is probably by far the easiest to do. Also I think ocellaris clowns dorsal fins are more raised than percs. I'd have to say they look like percs too.

Back