What type of things do you put on your reef website?

kvosstra

For those of you who have a reef website - what kinds of things do you have on there?

My buddy and I started one a month or so back and have been slowly (very slowly adding) to it. We are both going to have some time over thanksgiving to add to the site and I wanted to get some thoughts as to what I/We should add.

We are planning on trying to have our tank logs be visible - so that the info from the aquacontroller would be live on the website.

I am going to do a log of the build for the 40 and 180 SPS tanks

I am also planning on a growth page for all the corals that I have - this might be somewhat limited to being with - but I hope to at least being getting all my SPS in a single macro pic and doing a growth shot each month or every other month.

Check the little red house and shoot me some ideas. Website can be directly reached at coraltopia.com

Thanks!

-Kyle

The site looks pretty good. +1 on the webcam.

Are you planing on being able to control your AC through the web also?

Did think of the webcam...Not sure how feasible it is - but I will take a look - I agree it would be pretty sweet.

Ill be able to control the AC through the web - but basically the image on the website would just be an image of what is actually on my AC weblink.

Anyone have any good webcams they can suggest that gets decent images? I find that webcams typiccally are pretty terrible and you cant see much.

Thanks for the thoughts!

-Kyle

I've always wanted to be able to control everything on my tank remotely via the web. Not that it is needed but it just plain cool to able to turn things on and off anytime and anywhere from any part of the world. I've always curious about using stuff from these guys:

http://www.automatedaquariums.com/select.htm

On that page, I think they said you can do all this:

- Measure: pH, ORP, Conductivity, Temperature, Flow, Humidity, Pressure, Level and more..
- Datalog: Water Parameters and sensor data to your Hard Disk
- Control: Lighting, Water Level, CO2 Injection, Pumps, Fans, Chillers, Heaters and more...
- Monitor: Flood Sensors, Motion Sensors, Vibration Sensors, Power Out Sensors and more..
- Alarms: Remote Alarming via a Modem and Local Alarming with both audible and visual indications
- Timers: Multiple Timers(13 channels per module, 256 modules max.) can be added as needed for timed events(ie: Lighting control...)
- Data Analysis: Using MS Excel you can import your data and do graphical trend analysis to see just where your water parameters are going
- Networkable: Multidrop RS-485 Interconnection permits up to 4000 feet of interconnect cabling and 256 RS-485 modules.
- Upgradable: Start with the basics and add on as your needs arise
- Programmable: User programmable Loops(ie: Dosing..), Cycles(ie: Wavemaker..) and Responses(ie: Turn Fan On when Temp > 82F)
- Expandable: Up to 256 RS-485 Modules can be added to your network, thats up to 3,328 control signals and sensors in any combination !!

Have anyone try their stuff?

I have not - but I really like my Neptune ACIII PRO - I think that it can do most of this stuff.

Again - thanks for all the suggestions folks - I would love to get the website fully functional - just need some time. The link above is a great help, but I have also always like oregonreef.com. Steve's tanks have always been an inspiration to all.

-Kyle

I can access my ACIII from work via port 80. Works great being able to check on temp and pH and turn things on/off if needed. It also emails you on whatever alerts you set. :)

Nope, I consider it better! :D

If you NAT your internal IP to your external you're set. If you have dynamic external IP you can register with a free service like DynDNS.org.
untitled.jpg

untitled-2.jpg

untitled2.jpg

Back