What vitamines do you guys use

Do you mean suppplements? The only thing I add is magnesium. Instant Ocean is low in mg so I supplement twice weekly.

I soak my frozen food in vita chem & zoecon, if that is what your asking...as far as supplements in the tank I just do routine water changes, calcium & occasionally magnesium.........

I soak my frozen food in vita chem & zoecon, if that is what your asking...as far as supplements in the tank I just do routine water changes, calcium & occasionally magnesium.........

I do the same, and will also use garlic, selcon and zoe sometimes. I use them all as a food soak, and don't squirt them directly into the tank.

When i feed rod's food, i break off a piece of the food and drop it into a small cup of some of my tank water to thaw. Then after a few minutes I pour that into the tank. So do you guys who are soaking your food in vita chem or whatever just put some in the cup of water along with the food or do you use a different technique entirely?

When i feed rod's food, i break off a piece of the food and drop it into a small cup of some of my tank water to thaw. Then after a few minutes I pour that into the tank. So do you guys who are soaking your food in vita chem or whatever just put some in the cup of water along with the food or do you use a different technique entirely?

I defrost my food in RODI, then strain it through a fish net to remove the nasty water. Then I put a few drops of vitachem, selcon, zoe, garlic or zoecon on the food and allow it to soak in for 5-10 min. Then I feed...

thanks guys, i was just thinking of starting to supplement it in their food.

i do the same thing with the frozen food. i rinse it twice in ro-di . i don't trust that water (its green!) lol

I defrost my cubes, remove the water in the little cube container by soaking it up with a paper towel(I never rinse with RODI H20 & I've never had any issues) then I add 10 drops of zoe & 10 drops of vita chem, let it soak for an hour or so & then feed.......

So you are adding the zeocon/selcon drops, and then letting it sit outside of the freezer for 10 minutes or up to an hour?

Don't you worry about bacteria growing on the food during an hour long wait?

Back