What will eat/kill zoos and not bother anything else?

Waxxiemann

I've got an overload of zoos in my tank and I need them gone to make room for more sps and such. Is there a fish or invert that will eat zoos exclusivly and leave my clam and other sps alone? There are approxmiatly 1000+ zoanthid poylps in my tank so manually removing them is not really an option.

Any help is appreciated.

zooanthid eating nudibrachs is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. I doubt you'll be able to find a suplier online. Most people DON'T want thier corals eatten ;)

Trade the rocks with zoas on them for live rock with no corals on them. I'm sure you wont have a problem finding someone to trade.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9844926#post9844926 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by salty3
Trade the rocks with zoas on them for live rock with no corals on them. I'm sure you wont have a problem finding someone to trade.

I tried that without success so far. Maybe sundial snails?

Wow supprised to here it. If I lived closer I would trade with you Zoas are one of my favorite corals.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9845011#post9845011 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by salty3
Wow supprised to here it. If I lived closer I would trade with you Zoas are one of my favorite corals.

They aren't all that nice, brown skirts with orange centers.

This is one of the 2 rocks I am dealing with.

tankmarch21022.jpg

nice, I bet you could get an awesome trade or at least a good amount of store credit at a LFS for that piece.

Well it's got a huge (although borwn) encrusting monti covering the other side, that I kinda want to keep. The monti takes up about 70% of the rock, you can't really see it in the pic though.

kalk putty

Just mix up some kalk with a little water, into a paste. spread it over the zoas you want to get rid of. Don't do too much at once. Its a lot of kalk.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9846148#post9846148 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sdesi2005
Its a lot of kalk.

Hmmmmm...I'd be careful with the Kalk remedy.

I have a Blue Velvet Damsel that eat zoa but he also eats zenia.
I don't know about anything else, other than he doesn't eat mushrooms.

Waxxiemann You could ship me the rock, I'll pay shipping and give you some $ for a new rock :)

Back