whats a better buy for Mag. for 90g

scarface70706

So im starting school and getting into some sps. im worried that when i add a decent amount of sps and change my wc schedule from once a week to once every 2 weeks my magnesium will deplete faster then normal. as of right now i only use kalk in my ato and my wc to keep my parameters in check. so what would be a better buy for me; premixed magnesium or powdered magnesium for automated doseing for my 90g? also if you could tell me what brands you use or recommend that would be great. thank you in advance.

Magnesium doesn't really drop at a noticeable daily rate from how it's been explained to me. Maybe after you get a lot of sps it could, just test weekly and if you drop a lot, then start measuring daily to figure out your daily loss.

To dose I recommend and use the bulkreefsupply magnesium supplement. It's powered and they have a calculator on their website to figure out your dosing needs based on your measurements.

sweet thank you guys. im just future planning for my heavy sps tank :) nothing like seeing anything drop and you can fix the issue right then and there by just plugging in a pump :) happy reefing.

Back