Whats the best coral to start with?

eb8919

Reefaholic
Hello, all. My tank has just recently finished cycling and i want to really be patient with the maturing process before i get into anything that is unlikely to survive very long. I was wondering what some good types of corals are to look at to put in early on in a tanks life. Right now i have some mushrooms and a frag of zoanthids. They are doing great so far, i was told they are very hardy, and any where i researched them said the same. I'm trying to expand my options, so i figured who better to ask then every one here. Just to give a quick background of the tank, its a 50 gallon long 20 pounds base rock, 20 pounds live rock, (more comming soon) ammon-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-5 temp-75-76 salinity-1.24 ph-8.2. 2 54 watt t5ho 10000k 2 54 watt actinic 10000k. So thats my story so far, thanks for any advice in advance.

Thank you very much, i'm gonna start researching those now, and see which ones i like best. :) maybe i'll post some pictures soon if i get lucky and make a new purchase.

Get a $10 leather frag like the others recommended.
But be ready to start finding homes for all the babies they produce. There is a constant pile of self-fraged Devils Hand babies in my tank:)

I am sure you already know but I felt like mentioning it anyway...

Don't add a large amount of rock at one time, you could produce another cycle. Add small amounts at a time and make sure you have extra water ready incase you need to do water changes.

Ya i only plan on adding small amounts at a time. I don't want to jump the gun like many people i know or have read about. What supplements/food supply do i absolutly need right away for the leathers?

Back