What's the deal with the skimmer footprints?

And after looking some more, that one got some really great reviews.

I just bought this skimmer. Should be here by end of next week. I'm sure you can move the tubing around or even have it drain into the other compartment if you needed to. I'm not positive, but I'm guessing it'll fit. My sump area isn't a whole lot bigger.

small fot print check out the MRC oceanforce, Tunze, and Bubble magnus NA7. all great small footprint skimmers

The octopus NW-110 has a 10.5x6.5'' footprint, thats what I meant.

???
Octopus NW-110 Specifications:

- For In-Sump use only
- Recommended for tanks up to 90 gallons.
Dimmensions:
- Overall Height: 22"
- Cup Removal Clearance: 0.75"
- Reactor Diameter: 4"
- Needle Wheel Pump included (approx. 260 gph)
- Footprint (including pump): 7" x 9"

I think you guys are missing the point of this thread. I wasn't complaining that I couldn't find skimmers out there with small footprints.

I am finding with a little research that a skimmers advertised footprint isnt always the space needed to put it in your sump.

For example the octo 160 says that the footprint is 10.5x8in. And you can see in the pictures that this skimmer will fit in a spot less than 8x8in.

This is what I was looking for. People that are using skimmers in spaces smaller than the advertised footprints. Or people that know what size space is need for these skimmers that might fit in my sump.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
I just bought this skimmer. Should be here by end of next week. I'm sure you can move the tubing around or even have it drain into the other compartment if you needed to. I'm not positive, but I'm guessing it'll fit. My sump area isn't a whole lot bigger.

Cool, let me know how you like it.

Call Marine Solutions & give him your footprint. He will tell you if the MSX 160 will fit. Really good guys & would not steer you wrong just to sell a skimmer. Very happy with my MSX 200.

Back