What's there to do in Orlando area?

ViPeR_930

I'll be in Orlando soon for the DEMA scuba show and will be staying a few days after with my girlfriend. What would you guys recommend we check out or do? I know there's a lot of theme parks. Any in particular that are really good and not too expensive? Any public aquariums?

Thanks for any suggestions!

KnownStrangeR

I just recently went to Sea World and was rather impressed with some of their reef tanks. Even the gift shops have nice reefs inside. Park was fun too

discocarp

Seaworld is the only theme park I enjoy.

The Tampa Aquarium is small but really nice. Its a couple hours away though. The leafy and weedy sea dragons alone are worth the trip if you've never seen them.

discocarp

Where are the sea dragons at sea world? Do they have both Leafy and Weedy? Its been a couple years since I've been. The ones in tampa are awesome. I hit the aquarium almost every time I make it out to tampa.

ignatz

I can confirm SeaWorld Orlando has at least Weedy Sea Dragons. I wasn't sure which display area they are located in but found this cool Weedy Sea Dragon breeding video which says they are in the Manta entrance.

OP, I like to recommend that visitors try an air boat ride. I haven't been on all the tours but the random one we picked was great and our visitors got to see some Florida wildlife.