Whats this creature?

Ontheway

Hello people, I am a beginner in aquariums and recently completed basic setup of my BOYU-HS60A tank. Used 9kg (single pack) of caribsea sand, and 3 days ago, added my live rock (about 8.5kg) bought from a local shop, started waiting for diatome cycle. Yesterday, I saw an anemone sitting there on the rock which was not there two days ago. I want to share a picture of it with you to ensure whether its safe or not. I appreciate for comments.

IMG_5765.jpg

If it is an anemone and that will be obvious by a defined central mouth, then the trunk indicates it is possibly a colonising type and a successful anemone type as are colonising variations, if so then get rid of it!

Thanks for the reply, someone told me that it can be a baby anemone, but I do not want to take any risk. Since the diatome did not started (at least visually), I think I will blow-torch it. Also, I realised It appears slightly longer now, then the day I first saw it.

It's a majano anemone. They are pests although usually not as bad as aptasia

Just saw there is a small aiptasia also on another rock. I think I need to build an electrolysis apparatus to "hydrogenize" them. Do you think more may exist in the hidden corners?

Back