whats your tank temperature?

blennymower

I'm curious to find out what is the highest temperature a reef can be kept in.

Please post your tank temp parameter

And feel free to add your opinion on the matter :D

mine runs 79-84 with no problems. I think people get too picky about tank temps and temp swings. I have great growth on all corals, especially sps, with only pc's as lights and 5 degree temp swings.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15016034#post15016034 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nanojg
mine runs 79-84 with no problems. I think people get too picky about tank temps and temp swings. I have great growth on all corals, especially sps, with only pc's as lights and 5 degree temp swings.

Interesting.

The reason I posted this is because I recently I got MH and I want to compare my temp with others.

I have read that in some reefs the average temps can be in the 80 range.

You're growing sps with PC's? How many watts?

easy, less light demanding sps, I have an elkhorn monti (growing very fast) and a plating purple tipped monti I just got a week ago and can already see growth.

I have a 24 gallon nano cube with 3 x 36 watt pc's

I have my chiller set to come on at 82. I recently pulled my heater for cleaning and forgot to plug it back in. I had temp swings from 75 - 82 and back every day for a few weeks and there were no issues.

yeah I was seeing similar swings in my tank and I was noticing that there were really no noticeable changes in the tank

My tank usually stays around 82, with the swing between 80-84. I have noticed on some hotter days, it went to 85 and still no adverse effects that I can tell.

I've been playing around with temps a lot in the last couple years and I haven't noticed any problems as low as 72 and as high as 87. Low to mid 80's is usually safe, start getting above mid 80's and there's cause for concern.

Back