What's your TDS reading?

Henryz

Just out of curiosity, what's everyone's water coming in at from the tap? Here in South Buffalo I'm pretty constant at 163

Always 27 coming in. According to the water department," Skaneateles Lake is one of the cleanest lakes in the world. The high quality of the water makes it possible to utilize the lake’s water without filtration. Skaneateles Lake is one of the few large system surface water supplies in the country that is approved as an unfiltered water supply. The lake water passes through coarse screening and receives chlorine for disinfection and fluoride for dental hygiene. At the Reservoirs, the water is re-chlorinated and phosphate is added for corrosion control."

my tap is 155 here in cheektowaga. i think henryz meant what is the tds of your tap not coming out of your ro/di.

mines 163 out of the tap. For fun I tested the waste water from the rodi unit. That came to 230.

depends on how much rain we get (on a well).. I've seen upper 400's to mid 600's on my tap.. excellent tasting water though if you don't mind mineral deposits.. also, less discolored than local city water with much lower tds (around 150-200 when I've tested before), local city water has a funny color hue to it when compared to my well water (point being, I feel safer drinking my high tds high mineral water than the processed, chemical filled stuff the local city pumps to people's houses).

Never tested it but my rodi unit stays good for about a year before i have to change filters. So its got to be low. Im on well water though.

my dual inline tds meter on my BRS unit says 006 in and 000 out. something must be wrong... anyone know where to pick up a tds meter locally?

Maybe your reading after carbon filters, before resin, and after resin. That's how mine is.

do you have the BRS one that came preinstalled? i just thought about it and that makes sense. installing the "in" after the carbon filters would help tell you when its time to change the resin.

Back