When asking for help

MUCHO REEF

2003 TOTM Recipient
Premium Member
Often time can be of the greatest essence when there's a tank or polyp related issues. To help expedite a swift answer to a question posted here, it's really important to list all of your parameters including...

1. Temp of tank
2. All parameters including , Alk, PH, Mag etc and even Calcium in my opinion
3. Salinity
4. Is it a frag, colony, new addition, wild caught or not, shipped or pick up?
5. Have you made any changes just prior to or during the issue?
6. List the current/flow, even lighting when applicable.
7. Additives

As much info as possible including a possible picture could make the difference with one of the helpful reefers here assisting you with speedy help. Not being mean at all, but it can really make a difference. The people here really like to help.

Mucho Reef

Forgot to mention, if you have something missing, damaged, altered etc, listing your livestock including inverts, will also help. Thanks

Good post these things would save alot of time and get someone help quicker.

I remember a few years back, there was a reefer who had a serious issue in his reef tank. It took nearly 5 days to get all the facts and by that time, it was too late and he lost a lot of polyps. If memory serves me corretly, it was merely a parameter which was way off. As much info as possible in the very first post and a quick follow up can make a world of difference.

I know, I talk too much. Shutting up now.

Often time can be of the greatest essence when there's a tank or polyp related issues. To help expedite a swift answer to a question posted here, it's really important to list all of your parameters including...

1. Temp of tank
3. Salinity
7. Additives

As much info as possible including a possible picture could make the difference with one of the helpful reefers here assisting you with speedy help. Not being mean at all, but it can really make a difference. The people here really like to help.

Mucho Reef

Pausing for a second to ask one's self these questions would resolve many issues before posting. :celeb1:

+1 on making this a sticky on many forums

Bump .....Please sticky this thread Mods.

Done.

Keep in mind, we don't see/read every single thread on the board, simply impossible. So just saying "mods please sticky" in a thread doesn't set off the Bat Signal for us to come and help :D

A PM or post report will usually get out attention far faster than bumping a thread.

Good info though. Thanks Mucho!

And for those that don't know (as it's a common question), the
report.gif
symbol on the left side of a post is the report button, and clickable. That's what mhurley is referring to.

And for those that don't know (as it's a common question), the
report.gif
symbol on the left side of a post is the report button, and clickable. That's what mhurley is referring to.

I didnt know that.I guess I am still in old school mode.

And the pics with the question!
They help us a lot when we're trying to help them.
We also learn a lot that way.
I wish many would read this before asking for help.
Cheers!!

Grandis.

1. Temp of tank
3. Salinity
7. Additives

If you have something missing, damaged, altered etc, listing your livestock including inverts, will also help. Thanks

Mucho Reef

Also, if you have an issues, concern, problem, question etc etc, and you've posted that concern here in the discussion forum and no one has answered it in a timely manner, do a quick search here in this forum. More likely than not, it has been raised before and the search will give you the answer or some direction or at least help you to formulate the question. Google is also a great resource for just about any reef related issue. I use it all the time.

Good luck

Back