When calibrating my pH probe...

srusso

I am following the unofficial guide it says when calibrating 7.0 pH the number should read in the 700's. When I was calibrating mine it only dropped to 814, and now all readings seem low. Is it ok, should I try again? Do I need a new probe?

Mine did that not 15 min ago when I calibrated mine. I pulled the probe out cleaned it, shook the solution and put it back in. It got down to 7.24. Called it good. repeated the steps with the 10.0 solution. stuck probe in tank and it read 7.82. Added some 8.2 Ph buffer and the display is reading 8.17.

Tony

Mine did that not 15 min ago when I calibrated mine. I pulled the probe out cleaned it, shook the solution and put it back in. It got down to 7.24. Called it good. repeated the steps with the 10.0 solution. stuck probe in tank and it read 7.82. Added some 8.2 Ph buffer and the display is reading 8.17.

Tony

I cleaned it before this calibration also, maybe I will go back and give it a better cleaning...

I cleaned it before this calibration also, maybe I will go back and give it a better cleaning...

I really didnt go crazy with the cleaning. When It stopped dropping I shook the solution again. Probably about 3 times I did that. When it stopped droppen and stayed I said guess thats close enough. Switched to the 10.0 and did the same thing.

Tony

My Ph after close to an Hr of adding the 8.2 Ph buffer

Tony

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
Don't read too much into the displayed value during the calibration. The value shown is really just a number related to the millivolts sensed on the port at each calibration point. It is only after the software applies a mathematical conversion that it displays the pH.

Best thing to do is follow the procedure then do a dip in your 7.0 and 10.0 solutions to check your final results.

Don't read too much into the displayed value during the calibration. The value shown is really just a number related to the millivolts sensed on the port at each calibration point. It is only after the software applies a mathematical conversion that it displays the pH.

Best thing to do is follow the procedure then do a dip in your 7.0 and 10.0 solutions to check your final results.

That's what I did... followed instructions very carefully. Now I am reading rather low pH.... I guess I will got back to dripping kalk.

Did your readings show very close to 7.0 and 10.0 when dipped in the cal solution after the procedure?

Just a thought but when I first connected my probe I had it on the wrong port. plugged it into the Ph port instead of the Ph/Orp port and butter baby.

Tony

Just a thought but when I first connected my probe I had it on the wrong port. plugged it into the Ph port instead of the Ph/Orp port and butter baby.

Tony

Yeah, have the ORP probe connected also. So I am connected to the right port. thank you

That's actually pretty close to what mine is. Temp plays a role in Ph from what I've read. Mine is 7.99 right now

Back