When family couldn't care less

Megatrev62

Hello,does anyone feel like me, frustrated when your Family couldn't care less about the tank( Wife only the money lol)? Have the reef buds but when I'm home it's like "You only care about the tank" lol. Just asking because I hope I'm, not alone or I'm in trouble. Thanks

My ex-husband hated my tank with a passion. You'd have thought I was having an affair or something.

Yup. Pretty much. All I usually get is, "And how much did that cost you" "When did you get that?" Yea, I hear ya. I try and do all my mods myself, so its alot cheaper, but that still gets me in hot water. LOL.

I haven't posted here much but this thread had me laughing. This stuff happens to me all the time.

"You waste too much money on this tank, how much did <insert here> cost this time?"
my reply: $0 of your money

yeah my husband always thinks it's weird that I sit there staring at my tank for hours. I point things out to him and he's just like "yeah, uh huh". :lol:

My boyfriend was that way when I used to talk about my old tanks. Figured he would never be interested. Then he thought he'd keep me busy with a 55. A month in & he was hooked and is worse than me! :D

I've been lucky and started young, everyone can appreciate the beauty and always wants to see whatever is new. I've been seeing the same girl for a few years now and she could care less but knows how important it is to me, the fish were there before her! :)

Oh man if my fiance new how much money is going into this build... man, don't even want to think about it

HAHA!! I know the feeling also. My wife is always telling my I have a problem, or why did you buy this or do you really need that, or my favorite. "We have to much money in this tank". The last time I checked my tank was done with my side work money and all most everything is used or made myself. But Its all good and still love her at the end of the day (some times)

P.S. She' 5 months pregnant so I'm always in trouble anyway.

Quote from last girl;
"If we got married I'd be tied to "THAT THING"(pointing shaky finger at tank) forever!"
Yeah, she's gone.
Gotta make sure your significant other is "reef safe".

I've had my protein skimmer sitting in the entry area for 2 weeks waiting to be shipped off for a repair. It's 3 feet high and weird looking. I've had tons of people in and out and not one has asked what it is.

Boy does this ring a bell with me!!! Wife just doesn't get it. I'm just getting started and she just rolls her eyes. Oh well. She'll get over it ... I hope.

I'm still in highschool so I don't really have the money to start off a saltwater tank but my Dad loved it. He told me to start researching up on saltwater tanks because he was too lazy to research on its on. So, all the money I spent on the tank was my Dads. :D

My Mom and sister doesn't even take a look at the tank though.

Africans got me started and never looked back.lol, Angels (freshwater and might I add nothing that happened for me was sweeter then obtaining pair and all the babies since) Discus was nice too. Never had interest from wife-all those years ago lol(except my son when he was really just a kid-8-12. I cannot live without an aquarium in my home!!!. Salt is my direction and love RC for invaluable info. I know those that hear me. God love ya.
lol

I've had my protein skimmer sitting in the entry area for 2 weeks waiting to be shipped off for a repair. It's 3 feet high and weird looking. I've had tons of people in and out and not one has asked what it is.

Maybe they think it's a bong!

Back