when is the next diving trip?

Rogger Castells

Hello, I don't want to stop diving now that I took the equipment out :D so I will like to get a group together to continue diving say at least 2 times a month. Who is on it?

I'm not a club member, but I'm always looking for good dive to go on.

I just bought these underwater scooters (with 3 buddies) and we've been using them in Ft. Lauderdale (near Commercial Blvd pier).

SouthFloridian, please feel free to come check the club out sometime. We would love to have you. You do not need to be a member to come to the meetings.

im also down... i want to do 10 dives before aug 13th... so i need to get on it lol... im basically waiting for my left over financial aid to put aside like 4-500 for dive charter fees....

This is funny, I hear all the time that the club is not friendly enough. Chris invites somebody and lets him know that he doesn't have to be a member and you dog'em for it. ;)

haha i dont pay much attention to ANYONE with a negative attitude... life is too short to sit around being upset about anything...

@ rogger

if you were in tech and then spent all your savings to move cross country to follow your dream only to find everyone there is mean and rude compared to where you came from and what you want to go into is so tied up with red tape and theres no way to make a living on it. youd be pretty jaded too. i left california to get away from selfish people because my initial impression was that people here were friendlier. boy did i get that one wrong. funny and people back home used to say i was the most optimistic person they ever knew. amazing what a few years can do. so you are accurate in saying i am unhappy but that is going to do nothing to prevent me from exposing the wrongs of this place.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7565470#post7565470 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dactyl
@ rogger

if you were in tech and then spent all your savings to move cross country to follow your dream only to find everyone there is mean and rude compared to where you came from and what you want to go into is so tied up with red tape and theres no way to make a living on it. youd be pretty jaded too. i left california to get away from selfish people because my initial impression was that people here were friendlier. boy did i get that one wrong. funny and people back home used to say i was the most optimistic person they ever knew. amazing what a few years can do. so you are accurate in saying i am unhappy but that is going to do nothing to prevent me from exposing the wrongs of this place.

I do agree with you there about the people here...I moved here from a Small town in Upstate NY where everyone was friendly...I lived in Melbounre before I moved to SOFL(Boca to be exact)...now that was culture shock! All in all...this place is what you make it...you can't let the little guys get you down.....Oh TRUST ME... sometimes its really hard! But hey...its all part of life! Enjoy it and try to make the best of it whileyour here....lifes too short!

Thats funny, Almost everybody here was not born in the area. I am a native (born and raised here) Does that mean that all the people that moved here from other places are the mean ones? When I was younger everybody was friendly and would say hi to total strangers to make them feel comfortable. I have met a lot of people that are new to the area that are very friendly. So I agree that it is what you make out of it.

I don't agree that you are exposing the wrongs in this place when all you are doing is being what you think everybody else is. What about projecting your feelings on other people?

Now lets stop all this and talk about diving :)

Rogger, I would love to dive sometime. Maybe we can make a trip to the keys. I have to get my tanks inspected first.

i live in homestead in totally new construction right by the new baptist hospital. the neighbors behind us are black and stare at us like they dont want us to be there. ive noticed this from other black people in this area as well. people at jobs ive worked at have referred to black people on the job using the n-word. coworkers have explained to me the reasons behind some latin groups hating other latin groups.

racism is something that for the most part doesnt exist in california and thats really REALLY alien to me.

i am presently unemployed due to a layoff. i am afraid about getting another tech job just to be in another one of those environments so at present im just hanging onto unemployment.

the climate is right for what i want to do but the people make it unbearable. you basically have to remain reclusive to avoid it changing you. i would only wish this place on an enemy.
my girlfriend takes it especially hard. shes from hawaii. there its nothing but friendly people, good customer service,etc. after over a year here we still dont have friends because everyone is so self absorbed. suicide starts to look like a viable option when youve gotten yourself in this deep. we met one other couple from colorado out here and they complained to us about the same thing. his wife has become deeply depressed and they too are becoming reclusive to deal with this place. you can move from the east to the west but you cannot move from the west to the east.

With all your respect guys, I can understand your frustrations, I am sure everyone in this state have a similar story as I meet very few people that were actually born here :D, I my self moved from a different country to NY talk about cultural shock, just so 17 years later just as I was getting use to it and thriving, move again, this time to FL. (talk about different)
In the pass 39 years, two countries and two states I can honestly say I have gone through a lot! good and bad, I have always rely on my faith, family, friends and in the way on my hobbies to pull through and make the best out of it.
This hobby to me is one of the things that keeps me happy, relief stress and have made it possible for me to meet new friends, this forum is an important part of that interaction and the way we behave here is going to put a precedence in the way we are perceived and the way people interact back with us, but pretty much you can apply this to life outside reefcentral as well and you will see how life starts getting a little sweeter anywere you are!

Hey...I've lived in Miami my whole life - BORN & RAISED! I have no idea what you guys are talking about...everyone here is great! But then again, maybe I'm one of those mean and rude people and that's why I don't notice it... :eek:

Back