When will limewater/kalkwasser* not be enough?

Jah2707

So i know the answer is... When it isnt. Obviously when it cant keep calcium consistent and high enough. Well. Here is my tank.

d975599993870de3902ef6b2a4c89bb7.jpg

You can see the stats in my sig. So everything is going good. I have way to many frags. Yes i know 70 frags in a 45 is over kill but just couldn't help it. So back to the question... I tested my water after a water change ( done every sunday night) calcium was 440 now 6 days latter i tested it again and it is 430 so... I assume when i do the water change tomorrow it will be back to 440. I am getting growth on the sps and using full kalkwasser in ato. So will i ever need to go to two parts dosing?

Using a salifert test btw oh and did 2 different tests to confirm.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

As far as I know, the only way is what you stated: "When it isn't". You can prolong it by adding vinegar to your kalk but eventually, I suspect you will also need to dose 2 part as well (I have always had to at about year 2 of a SPS dominant tank).

Kalk will keep you going for quite awhile. When you're topping off with saturated kalkwaser you can start supplementing with 2 part.

Back