Where are the BEST LFS in so. cal????????

Txcowboy22

I have been to tong's, seaside, cirlce, jeffs, pacific reef, eye candy, Black coral and a few others. Do you know where any really good stores are, places that have a good selection and good prices?

i like coral oasis and oc aquatic for prices, selection may not be the best but they get some good stuff now and again.

I have been to coral oasis and I was not that impressed. Their prices were about average and so were their corals, nothing great...

marks fish in the valley is pretty nice. small but efficient.

Also the newly opened Giant fish on Ventura blvd is quality. Right now they are in the process of growing a kelp tank which is pretty cool. In a few more months it will be even better. I highly recommend it to anyone.

I went to Vivid and they try to sell me uncured live rock as cured:(
luckly my bf noticed the terrible smell coming from the rock. and they're expensive too.
rainbow pets in arleta has good prices. they don't know much there , but there prices are great! also ocean pet in reseda. great people, low prices, nice stuff.

Questions like this come up all of the time without enough info. Are you looking for SPS? Frags?? Fish???

Re: Where are the BEST LFS in so. cal????????

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9161715#post9161715 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Txcowboy22
I have been to tong's, seaside, cirlce, jeffs, pacific reef, eye candy, Black coral and a few others. Do you know where any really good stores are, places that have a good selection and good prices?

Can you be more specific? I've been to many of the places you've mentioned above and by far most of the ones you've mentioned have been my best experiences with LFS's.

Tong's = Very nice selection but a bit on the pricey side..
Seaside = Good selection on dry goods
Circle Pets = Have not yet to make my way there
Jeffs = Been to all 3...all 3 seems pretty good in my book
Pacific Reef (FV) = Brain and Tina are nice and good people and knowledgable
Eye Candy Aquariums = Clean and good selection...Good Tech-support
Black Coral Hawaii = Good prices..catch them on a shipment day and great looking corals

I'm not sure what you mean by the "BEST" store....all the stores listed in my opinion has their strengths and areas to be worked on....If you are looking for a store that has nothing best the best, in all areas. I have not yet to come across one, but I do make notes on which stores do what best and I exploit that when it comes to my shopping needs.....

Just my 2 cents. :)

I second OC aquatics. Great people and their prices are nice. Also if they don't have what you want they can get it. The other thing I like about them is that their livestock is all really healthy. Most of their stuff seems to actually live until it sells.

theeee best store on earth is tongs fv but u must pay to play with them.

as for a poor man store and bargin prices i must say atafish.com rules in that area, but u do pay for what u get.

at atafish.com they are under renovation at this time and they got a new business parter. right now they are the only local store around here that has a 2000 gallon reef tank and an amazing 600 gallon counter top tank along with their new shark tank.

did u know atafish has been selling saltwater for less than a year. no wonder they are idiots. but i give them props for being in the salt market for less than a year and they are making waves...

besides them not knowing jack, and dumb as s door knob. they do have the best prices on dry and live goods, their selections on fish and corals is amazing, i have not seem a gem tang til this weekend there. wow.

Note: i will get hater feed back from this post
but tongs in fv is theeeee best store in the world!!!!!!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9338770#post9338770 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralfragger
theeee best store on earth is tongs fv but u must pay to play with them.

as for a poor man store and bargin prices i must say atafish.com rules in that area, but u do pay for what u get.

at atafish.com they are under renovation at this time and they got a new business parter. right now they are the only local store around here that has a 2000 gallon reef tank and an amazing 600 gallon counter top tank along with their new shark tank.

did u know atafish has been selling saltwater for less than a year. no wonder they are idiots. but i give them props for being in the salt market for less than a year and they are making waves...

besides them not knowing jack, and dumb as s door knob. they do have the best prices on dry and live goods, their selections on fish and corals is amazing, i have not seem a gem tang til this weekend there. wow.

Note: i will get hater feed back from this post
but tongs in fv is theeeee best store in the world!!!!!!!!

Their renovation was force by the city due to unsafety electrical issued not by personal choice.

Re: Where are the BEST LFS in so. cal????????

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9161715#post9161715 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Txcowboy22

Maybe a better way to rephrase it would be to say, "If you could only go to one LFS, never go to another one again. Which would it be?"

:)

What would that store be?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9339581#post9339581 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ezcompany
coral and fish center have the WORST prices i've ever seen

I went there yesterday and OMG their prices were rediculous...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9339625#post9339625 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rockindacheeks
I went there yesterday and OMG their prices were rediculous...

Im sure their rent isnt cheap in that area that they are in though...thats probably why...I wont pay those prices though

doesn't matter if their rent isn't cheap. they should be in a different business instead or picked a new location :p

Back