where can i get bulkeads local

Im trying to set up a new tank and need some bulkeads. Are there any local places that have them reasonably priced? Im in farmingdale right on nassau suffolk border the closer the better but anywhere on li will work. I tried pets warehouse but they only had 2 small ones.

Im pretty sure that Countyr Critters has them (not sure how reasonable their pricing is but LIRA members get a 10 % discount) .....but thats a bit of a drive for you.

I got mine from Lowe's on Rte 107 in Hicksville. I'm sure the Home Depot on Rte 110 would have them, as well. Check the plumbing section.

I have found that CC has great quality products when talking about plumbing. There stuff is not cheap, but you can not compare the quality of something from a Home Depot, etc.

Also, Jonathan is a wiz at plumbing. When I don't know what I need, he helps dry fit what I need, and then I can see what I need.

Eric,

Probably true, but the quality of CC parts really is very good. The ball valves that I needed for my sump were much better quality, ( you could see it), and also more available than at Home Depot.

I guess it depends on what someone is looking for.

Home Depot and Lowe's carry bulkheads??? I know they carry ball valves (not to happy with their ball valves), but I didn't know they carried bulkheads.

You can probably get them from Tony (reef exotics) also. He use to keep the larger sizes in stock.
I've never seen bulk head fittings in any Lowes or Home Depot in Nassau county.

You can also just order them from savko.com
Turnaround time is like 3rd day arrival from order date.

Critters will undoubtedly cost you more, pretty much what ever you buy there, plumbing parts included. However, the quality of what you get from Depot or Lowes will not compare to what you get at Critters.
I have never seen bulkheads at Depot or Lowes.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15485430#post15485430 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Monkeyfish
Savko is the way to go!

The best of both worlds (quality and price) :thumbsup:

I apologize... I'm just now remembering... I got my bulkheads online, and the REST of my plumbing from Lowes... I apologize for the error in memory...

might have to take a ride out to country critters planning on getting this tank running tomorrow(getting impatient lol) Bigsink thanks for the offer i need a 1.25 inch bulkhead but I may need some 1" ones if i can get a diamond hole saw for that size. Ill check HD in the morning.

Back