Where can I get cut glass?

FleeVT

Premium Member
Rather than use the less than desirable proportioned sump that came with my tank, I’m going to try and build my own from a glass aquarium. I’m thinking I need 4 pieces of glass to be used as baffles in either a 29, 20L, or 30L glass tank.

Does anyone know where I can get this? I would prefer it to have the edges polished. Any ideas on what I should be paying for this?

Also, I’m in Boca, so North Broward would be ideal.

I believe Lowes could do it...
Worst comes to worst, I have a place in North Miami that could do them for $6-$8 ea. depending on the size. I could get them for you and them we could meet up some where...just a suggestion.

id stay away from the glass they have at lowes... not only are the edges extremly ruff and the cut off by alot but the sigle pain stuff that they use isnt very strong at all.. it worked fine in the 10g sump i built a while back but when i turn myy 55g into the sump the pressure from the water cracked 2 baffles

im making a 20H sump/refuge with plexiglass baffles right now. im just siliconing them in place, with enough of it the baffles stay firmly in place, just an alternative to using glass.

Thanks for the information. And thank you for the offer, Mel. I am going to stop by a glass store in Boca tomorrow to try and get some prices. I'll let you know what I find.
Illal, I like the idea of movable dividers. I wonder how they hold up over time. I'm going to find out how much that rubber stripping is. Boating may be the one hobby more expensive than this...

i work for a glass company
i dont know if they sell to the public
but our supliers are mirror crafters custom beveling in broward
downy glass in broward
or westshore glass
they all supply my company but i am in naples
lowes glass blows if you want polished edgees you will pay for that but it shouldnt be that much

id say 15 - 20 $ each for pieces with a flat polished edge but you dont really need that just cut it yourself with a 5$ glass cutter and a $20 sheet thin glass is easy to cut and easily sanded down with a disc sander or even sandpaper by hand
just take the sharp edges off
polished edges are a waste in a sump

Back